Comfort [Tanjiro Kamado]

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

~Comfort 💙Tanjiro Kamado x Non Binary! Reader(Kimetsu Academy AU)Request By: @starryxxskyManga Spoilers!

~Comfort 💙
Tanjiro Kamado x Non Binary! Reader
(Kimetsu Academy AU)
Request By: @starryxxsky
Manga Spoilers!

Non Binary refers to someone who does not identify as exclusively male or female.

A somewhat sensitive topic will be discussed in this oneshot. Please skip this chapter if your are uncomfortable with Gender discussions...

~Jangmi💫

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"So...are you a girl or a guy?" One of (Name)'s classmates asked.

They glared at boy who sitting in front of them, leaning back in his chair, "For the last time, I am Non Binary.."

"What does that mean again?" Another classmate piped in.

"I don't identify myself seclusively to just boy or girl.."

A girl sitting behind them slightly touched their hair, "With soft hair like this, she's obviously a girl."

"No way, (Name) has very nice toned skin, he's obviously a guy."

(Name) sat there, annoyed while trying not to cry. Everyday, they have to deal with their idiotic classmates. They were just hoping that class would start soon.

"Wait! (Name) has a bracelet on! She is a girl!" One of their classmates happily stated, like he had just solved a puzzle.

"A dude can wear a bracelet too moron! But look at (Name)'s calluses, he must work out. Told you (Name)'s a guy!" Another girl mused.

Almost half the class was going on into a heated debate as to what (Name)'s gender was. The beginning of class felt longer than the actual class time.

They eventually grew tired of the arguments being thrown back and forth. (Name) slammed their hands on the desk, stood up, and stormed out of the classroom.

On their way out, their shoulder hit someone else's. They mumbled a 'sorry' and quickly ran out.

Tanjiro, who's shoulder was bumped into, was slightly confused, "What happened?" He asked the closest person.

"We're trying to figure out if (Name) is a boy or a girl."

Tanjiro glared at everyone in the room, knowing that (Name) hated it when people questioned their gender preference and quickly ran after them.

"(Name)?" Tanjiro ran around the school, trying to find them, until he went down the stairs.

Soft sobs were heard from underneath, "(Name)?"

They immediately wiped off some of their tears and sniffed, "Tanjiro?"

Tanjiro sat next to them "Please stop crying."

"I'm not crying."

"Yes you are."

He put an arm over their shoulder and slightly rubbed them, "Don't listen to them. They're jerks who don't know how to respect one's own identity. You're perfect, just the way you are."

(Name) stopped crying and gave the boy a soft smile, "You're a good friend Tanjiro.." They got up, ready to go back to class until the boy pulled them back down.

"Go back to those idiots? Let's just stay here for five more minutes." He said as he placed (Name) closer to himself.

"I don't want to be late to class.."

Tanjiro rolled his eyes, throwing (Name) over his shoulders and headed back to the room.

He glared at everyone when the two entered and sat (Name) down on their seat before taking his, "Consider yourself dead if you bother them again."