Chapter Fifty-Four

We walked in silence for I don't know how long, but every now and then I would glance back at Ba Wei

We walked in silence for I don't know how long, but every now and then I would glance back at Ba Wei. His face was normal, and even though I would be discrete about my staring our eyes would always meet. Don't look at me like that.

"Do you go to that club often," I asked glancing behind me one again.

"Not really. I usually only go with that group of friends."

"How often do you drink?"

He was silent for a minute, "I haven't drunk that much."

"That's not what I asked you."

Ba Wei sighed and as we continued walking I realized that I had no idea where I was going. I stopped and looked behind me.

"Um, where are we going?"

Ba Wei walked past me, "I was wondering when you were going to ask."

"So," I asked as I caught up to him?

"Were going to my apartment not to far from here."

I raised eyebrow at this because I didn't know that he had an apartment in this area. Then again I didn't ask but thinking about it, it's probably why he could get to my house so efficiently. Thinking back to the first time we walked together at school made more sense now. Why didn't he tell me about this earlier? I remember him even saying that his grandma lived close by. Weird.

"I didn't know you had an apartment in this area?"

"Yeah."

"Does your father pay for it?"

Ba Wei sighed, " no. I pay for it out of my money."

"oh, I was-"

He looked over at me, "stop asking so many questions."

I was in shock by how quick he snapped at me, and I wanted to say something but I chose not to. We silently walked for a few minutes before we came across an apartment building. Looking at the state of this apartment building anyone would know that it was rather cheap. I followed behind Ba Wei silently to an apartment door. He dug around his pockets for a few minutes before he pulled out a key. He fiddled with lock and soon the door opened.

He glanced back at me and walked in. I followed behind him, and after we both were in he shut the door. I couldn't see Ba Wei but I could hear him shuffling around, and soon the lights came on. I looked around the tiny apartment in awe, and not he good kind. There were clothes everywhere, and surprisingly beer bottles. Lots of them.

"Uh sorry for the mess. I haven't been here in a while." I didn't say anything and just took off my shoes. "Sit on the couch. I'll clean up a bit."

"no, it's fine."

Although I said those words the mess that was this apartment did somewhat bother me. It wasn't the clothes that bothered me, but the beer bottles. Looking at them made me feel strange. It made me wonder just how much Ba Wei drinks. Looking at him walk around the apartment right now It seemed that he could hold his alcohol well, but I still felt uneasy.

"I'll just clean the living room," Ba Wei said as he started to pick up the bottles. "You can just sit In the kitchen."

"Alright."

I made my way to the kitchen and sat down in a chair. I watched closely as Ba Wei began to clean, and even though he spoke somewhat normally I could definitely tell that he was intoxicated. When he would bend down to pick up the clutter on the floor, he would slightly sway. It was slightly cute since it was the first time seeing him intoxicated.

"Hey."

Ba Wei head snapped in my direction, "Huh?"

I looked him up and down and when I my eyes finally made it back up to his face our eyes met. A small smile made its way on my lips

"Come here."

"Why," He asked as he cocked an eyebrow.

I rain a hand through my hair, "just come here."

He stared at me for a good minute before he started to make his way over to me. As he got closer I couldn't help but wonder why I asked him to come. I was still thinking about it when he stopped in front of me.

The smell of alcohol on him was less strong than before. In truth, his scent right now was very nice. I looked up  at him and my cheeks slowly started to turn red. I want to kiss him.

When that thought went through my mind I immediately put my head down. I hoped that Ba Wei didn't see the sudden change in color to my face, but when I heard a chuckle come from in front of me I knew I had no such luck.

"What's with the blushing?"

I kept my head down, "what blushing? I don't know what your talking about."

He stood silently in front of me for a minute before he said, "You know you're cute right." My head shot up and when my eyes met Ba Wei's it felt like my heart had skipped a beat. "I knew that would make you look up."

Thinking about it, he was right. Am I that predictable to this man? I immediately put my head back down and Ba Wei chuckled.

"That's what you were trying to hide huh," he said laughing, "You're face is so red."

"It's not even that red."

"Even your neck is red. How cute." I heard a slight shuffling come from in front of me, but that didn't stop me from shoot a response back.

"Stop calling me that," I said as I raised my head.

My eyes widened when I saw that Ba Wei's face was right in front of mine. The smell of liquor was stronger up close, but I didn't mind as much as I thought I would. His face was blank, but in his eyes I could see that he was thinking about something.

"What are y-"

"You know," he leaned in closer to me, "you acting so cute it very hard on me."

His voice was so soft I heard it as a whisper, "Why?"

"I was trying my best not to do this while having alcohol in my system."

I was going to ask what he meant but before I could, his lips pressed against mine.

---

Hello everyone I want to say thank you for being patient with me and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I will try to update more often its just getting hard because of working these days.