Chapter One Hundred Fifty Seven

Thanks for waiting so long for this chapter

Thanks for waiting so long for this chapter. I had it done but was trying to decide if I wanted to double up chapters in one section. I have decided to do that with the next 4 chapters. I want to thank you guys for sticking with my story for this long ❤️❤️

When we made it back to the hotel it was dark out. We had stopped and got something to eat and just walked around. It was strange walking about my home town. The smell of the streets seemed different yet familiar. The memories that the streets brought back. Although Ba Wei walked beside me somehow I felt alone. I felt how I did right before I left. Abandoned.

I know it isn't the same but it feels like it. I caused such a stir last time I was here and now my family is again. What are the people thinking in this city?What do they think of me, father, even my mother? They already were talking when my mom got with my dad best friend but now she's in jail. It can't be good.

"Hey," Ba Wei called pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"What are you thinking about?"

Ba Weis stood in the door of the bathroom shirtless. I somehow forgot just how scarred his body is. What exactly has he been through that he will never tell me.

"Come here."

Upon my sudden request Ba Wei stood confused for a second but walked over to me. I was sitting on the bed so when he stopped in front of me I had a up close view of the scars. I had never looked closely at his body. Even when I run my hands over his body I never lingered on the thickened skin.

I reached out and touched the large scar on his waist. Ba Wei had told me where this scar came from but as I moved my hand up I touched scars that were unknown. I couldn't help but think about what weapons has pierced his skin. What has he been through? What would he doing if he hadn't been forced to interact with me.

"Did it hurt when you got these wounds?"

"I was trained-"

"Which one hurt the most," I asked looking up at him?

"The big one on my back."

"Why? What caused it?"

I ran my hand around his waist and sure enough among the small scars there was a large one.

"Why are you asking so suddenly?"

"I just want to know." I let my hands fall from his body and laid back on the bed. "Will you tell me?"

Ba Wei stared down at me for a minute before he used his knee to spread my legs. He climbed on top of me and put most of his body weight on me. Without another thought I touched his back. The scar he was referring too was large both in length and thickness. No wonder it hurt like hell.

"The scar was caused by a whip. I'm sure you know who wielded it." I just nodded and he continued. "You know you'd think I'd be talking physical pain when I said it hurt the most but the emotional damage is the reason it hurts the most."'

"Why?"

"Well when I was given this scar my mother was in the room. She even was contempt in me getting it."

"Why?"

"Well I had did something very bad in the eyes of both my parents. I had gotten in an argument with my then girlfriend and she had hit me with something and I pushed her. Of course I felt terrible about that and I tried to apologize but she didn't want it."

I watched Ba Weis face closely and although he was still hard to read I could see in his eyes that talking about this actually hurt.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," I said as I caressed the side of his face.

He laid his forehead against mine, "my mom who has never looked at me as a bad person did that day. She looked at me as if I was a criminal. My father who was always strict with me but never disappointed was. I explained myself but they didn't believe me."

"I get that they were disappointed but whipping you is a bit far isn't it."

"Physical pain in my family is something that isn't foreign. The pain from the open wound didn't sting as much as the isolation I felt, Couldn't move for two weeks and the only time I would see my parents was when one of them would come and clean the wound."

"Still-"

"I remember one time my father came into the room and we had a conversation and I asked him why," he said cutting me off. His voice was calm and lacking emotion, and somehow that made me even more concerned than anything else. "Why they treated me like this? Why they hurt me?"

"What did he say?"

He looked down at me, "he told me I hurt myself when they had to clean up my mess. I didn't know what he meant by that until I was fully heeled."

He got up off me and walked back over to the bathroom, "what did it mean?"

He glanced back at me, "they killed her."

Upon hearing those words I was stunned. They killed the girl he was seeing because of something so simple. If I were to make a mistake would they also get rid of me? Did they take care of all his exes like that?

I got up from the bed and followed Ba Wei into the bathroom. He had taken his pants off and now he stood naked with his back to me. The scar was on full display.

"If I were to leave would they get rid of me too?"

Ba Wei turned around to face me, "They got rid of her because she threatened to report our family to the police."

"You didn't answer my question."

He walked over to me and kissed me. When our lips parted he said, "I wouldn't let them even though I wouldn't be able to love again if you walked away from me."

"You love me that much? How can you say you wouldn't love again?"

He ran his hand through my hair, "you don't get it do you. You're the only person I've let this close to me. I don't want anyone else. To me, you are my forever. I'm not going anywhere. In fact, even if you fall out of love with me I will still be by your side."

His words were soft but I knew they had weight to them. Most people would be creeped out by such heavy words but somehow they made me feel safe.

"Would you kill for me," I asked suddenly?

"What?"

"You heard me."

Ba Wei stared at me for a minute before answering, "you know I will."

As soon as I heard those words I walked over to him and slammed my lips against his. He immediately wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me tightly against his body. As our tongues wrestled I could feel him getting hard.

I pulled back, "don't go back on your word."

"You know I won't."