Chapter One Hundred Twenty Seven

Ba Wei had been quiet

Ba Wei had been quiet. More quiet than he's been since I met him. Every since that brief conversation this morning before we got ready and went to school he hadn't even texted me and it was almost lunch. I sat in my desk taking notes trying to pay attention but my mind was on anything but the information in front of me.

Was he mad? I wouldn't blame him. I mean who could deal with someone like me. A guy who gets irritated at the blink of an eye, and gets angry even faster. I can barley deal with my own mood swings so how can I assume he will be able to deal with them.

I let out a sigh and turned my attention back to the teacher and wrote down the last of my notes. I listened as the teacher told us to study extra hard since the midterm was now two days away. Just hearing how close that test was made my brain feel like it was already fried.   Can't wait for it to just be over already.

I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind when the lunch bell rung. I closed my notebook and leaned back in desk and pulled out my phone. I quickly opened it and clicked on Ba Weis name. It didn't even ring for a minute before he picked up.

"Hello."

"Hey, um..." I didn't really know what to say. I couldn't necessarily ask him why he was ignoring me because I could have just texted him first. I'm so dumb.

"Ji Nan?"

"I-I'm still here," I stuttered out upon hearing him call my name.

Ba Wei  chuckled, "why did you get all quiet? You called me remember?"

"That's true," I said clearing my throat. "I just didn't know what to say."

"Hmm. Don't say such cute things when I'm not around you."

Upon hearing him say that I raised an eyebrow. I didn't know what he meant by it but the sentence made my cheeks start to heat up. I quickly turned my face towards the windows so the remaining students wouldn't see.

"Then," I said biting my lip, "you should be here."

"Is that so," that deep voice said from within the classroom.

I turned quickly towards the door to see Ba Wei standing there. He looked just as he usually did but just seeing him made my heart skip a beat. I watched as he ended the call and made his way over to me. I watched as he pulled the chair from the desk in front of me and sat down.

"Why did you come here?"

He reached out and ran a hand through my hair, "well, I hadn't text you all morning so I thought I'd spoil you."

I raised an eyebrow in confused, "spoil me how?"

He didn't say anything and just leaned over and planted a kiss on my lips. My body stiffened in surprise but quickly relaxed as he pulled away.