Chapter One Hundred Eighty Seven

When school ended my mood had soured, and it had everything to do with the conversation me and Ba Wei had on lunch

When school ended my mood had soured, and it had everything to do with the conversation me and Ba Wei had on lunch. If you can even call it that. It was more of an argument. After I told him he didn't really talk much, he would just answer when I spoke to him. He's definitely pissed at me. I sighed and got up from my desk. I was putting my books away when my phone started to ring. I pulled it out only to see an unknown number.

I answered it, "hello."

"It's Kang Wu. Im parked in front of the school gates when you get ready."

"Okay. Is Ba Wei already there?"

"No, he said he has something to take care of."

"Oh...okay. I'll be there soon."

I hung up the phone and immediately called Ba Wei. It rung and rung, but he never answered. I sighed and mentally cursed myself and finished packing up my things. I quickly made my way out the school and sure enough Kang Wu was parked directly in front of the school. As I approached the car I could feel eyes on me. I looked around a little and sure enough almost everyone was looking at me. I knew that guy would spread it but not this fast. Today's been the worse.

I sped up my walking and quickly climbed in the car. I could feel Kang Wus eyes on me.

"Hey Ji Nan. Where to?"

"Ba Wei didn't tell you," I asked confused.

He cocked a eyebrow, "no. He said you requested me to take you somewhere. He didn't talk after that."

I sighed, "ah okay. Well I need you to take me to my old apartment."

"Huh? Why? Ba Wei got all your things. I was with him. All that's left is the furniture."

"It's for a different reason. Just take me there okay."

He stared at me through the rear view mirror for a second before he pulled off. The car ride was silent, neither me nor him said anything. It's not like I cared at all. I was more concerned on why Ba Wei wasn't answering my phone calls. Sure we had a fight but he's never not picked up. Maybe he's just busy. Kang Wu did say that he said he had something to do. I let out a sigh and looked out the window just as Kang Wu pulled up to my old apartment building.

"Thanks. I know you didn't have to if you didn't want to."

He didn't say anything and I climbed out the car. As soon as I closed the door he pulled off. I stood outside for a few seconds before I finally convinced myself to go inside. As I climbed the stairs I felt weird. It hasn't been that long since I lived in this place yet it seemed so foreign.

"This place seems unfamiliar now," I said aloud.

I took a deep breath and quickly climbed the stairs and soon I came face to face with that all too familiar door. I reached into my pockets and grabbed the key and went to open the door but it slid open when I was about to put it in the lock. It was weird but I pushed it open and walked inside. The light was on and as I walked forward a bit more I saw her.