Chapter 65: I Promise You

Hisashi... no...!

You stored up all your strength to stand up and chase them. With all your might, despite the poison inside your body flowing along with your blood, you had a will to save him and you didn't plan on losing hope. You knew you could save him even with just a tiny little chance, you were sure you could do it.

Your knees acted as your legs while you pulled yourself up forcing your muscles to move. You placed your left hand on the floor for support in case you fall again. The moment you were finally stable, you stood up while releasing heavy breaths as you were resisting the poison.

Hisashi... I will save you...

"Don't!"

All of a sudden, you heard a familiar voice from behind you. You slowly turned around and there she was standing from behind, her mask was broken and her clothes were mostly ripped off. You realized she must have been through a lot while she was in the slaughter house.

"Kyoko-san..."

"Don't go..." Your lips were slightly apart from each other showing your white front teeth. Your brows were furrowed in confusion, why not?

"...unless you have a plan." She continued.

You stared at her processing what she just said. You never really thought of a specific plan, all you thought about was chase after them and well, save Hisashi. Just as simple as that.

"We'll go together, but not now. First, we need to make a plan and you should probably heal up."

"W-Where's Akane?"

You watched as her serious face turned into a sad one, something terrible must've happened there. You waited for her to reply until your eyes grew wide when she did.

"They got her."

▲▲▲

It was already night yet you remained standing outside the dorms for a few minutes. The leaves of the trees swayed along with the cold sensation of the wind and so did your strands of E/C hair. You were wearing shorts with an oversized white t-shirt along with a pair of white sneakers.

You were expressionless as if you just watched someone die and your neck was covered with bandages. Thanks to the emotions you had earlier, you were able to heal yourself and even take out the poison Akira placed inside you. You were thankful because if the strong negative emotions you were having. It sounds ironic, right?

"Uh-- Y/N-chan?"

The broccoli got out of the building to start his training session by himself and fortunately, he saw you standing there all alone. He put his book on the stairs before he made his way to you. He was curious why you made such an emotionless face but he knew it wasn't his business anyway so he threw his curiosity away for a moment.

"Why are you just standing here, Y/N-chan? Aren't you going inside?"

"Where's Katsuki?" You asked without looking at his face. You didn't come back to the dorms to do your usual routine. You came back because you wanted to have his permission first. His permission to comfort you before you go... before you die. And also... to say goodbye.

"Um well, I saw him talking with Kirishima and Kaminari-kun earlier. Why?" This time, you turned to him with an uneasy expression on your face. You didn't know whether you wanted to give him a smile or a frown as an impression. That time, you had no idea what to feel.

"I want to see him."

He stared at you blankly before nodding, he just realized you were Katsuki's girlfriend and you probably needed him. "Okay. Come in."