Chapter 18: UA Sports Festival! Pt.6

"The first match of the second round! At this year's sports festival, both have shown top class performances! Midoriya! Versus, Todoroki! It's like two great rivals fighting against each other! Now, start!"

Todoroki started creating ice as Midoriya broke 'em all with his finger.

Damn, it's cold!

You flinched when Bakugo wrapped his arms around your shoulder in order to keep you warm. You looked at him in surprise, face as red as his eyes. He managed to avoid eye contact though. There was no way he was going to embarrass himself any further.

E-Eh?! I feel warmer now that my face is as hot as an erupting volcano! Despite how cold the stadium is, his arms are still warm. Not to mention his quirk is explosion.

When the stadium finally cleared up, Present Mic started commenting.

"Wow! Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!" As soon as he said that, you were focused back on the fight, not noticing Bakugo gazing at you with loving eyes.

Oh no, if this goes on, it's most likely that Midoriya might lose.

Half n Half's ice was unlimited and Broccoli would just end up breaking his body. That was just not a good strategy, unless Midoriya got something off his sleeves. Todoroki created ice again, so Midoriya did his smash thing for the second time. You knew it, Todoroki was using Midoriya's quirk's after-effects as his advantage. No offense but Todoroki's strategy was better compared to Midoriya's.

It happened again for the third time.

"It started?!" Kirishima showed up.

"Kirishima, good job making it to the second round," Kaminari congratulated him and you nodded along cheerily, "Yeah, I'll be against you next, Bakugo. Let's have a good fight!" Kirishima replied.

Before the aforementioned man could respond, he averted his gaze from you and watched the fight.

"I'll kill you."

You chuckled at Bakugo's answer while Kirishima just laughed.

"I'd like to see you try! But man, you and Todoroki can both shoot off powerful attacks that cover a lot of ground. Like 'Bam!'."

"And you can do it with no time lag."

"I'm not just shooting them off. Don't underestimate 'em. If you overuse your muscles, the muscle fibers tear, and if you keep running, you'll run out of breath."

Bakugo had a point. Although, that wasn't your weakness. All you worried about was your stamina and it was always stable since all you used were your hands.

"Quirks are physical abilities, too. They must also have some kind of limit," He continued.

"If I think about it like that, I guess that makes sense... Then, against the instant-killer Todoroki, Midoriya wants..." Kirishima stated.

You didn't care about what they were talking about right now. But about what Bakugo said about limits and stuff, you can't stop wondering if Todoroki had a limit or something. From what you could see, he always created ice whether they were small or huge, he didn't seem to look worried which made you think he didn't have a limit.