Part 34

Scarlett POV

Wedding day

It's been a couple of months. I and Rudy had to plan all over again. We decided that it wouldn't be a big wedding just an immediate family and a couple of close friends. I was sitting in my dressing room. I was so anxious. Not because I was scared and not because I was nervous but because I was finally happy. I had everything I have ever wanted. I have my baby, friends that care about me, and Rudy. He's the love of my life. He made me feel out of this world. I don't want to sound cliche but he really does make me feel like the only woman in the world.

As I sat in front of my mirror fixing my hair my mom came in. She placed her hands onto my shoulders and kissed my cheek.

"Are you ready sweetie?" She said with a warm smile.

"Yeah." Instead of a fake smile like the first time I'm was beaming with excitement and happiness. I picked up my dress and walked toward the door. But I didn't hear my mother behind me. I drop the ends of my dress and go over to her.  She just looked at me.

"Mom is everything ok," I ask placing my hand on her cheek.

"It's just I haven't seen this happen since you won your third-grade spelling bee." I laughed a little and so did she. " you just look so happy." She took off her pearl necklace.

"Mom what are you doing." She went behind me and moved my hair to put the necklace.

"My grandmother gave it to my mother and my mother gave it to me. And it's your turn." After she put it on she walked back in front of me. She had tears in her eyes begging to be released but she held them in.

"Thank you, mom." I hug her tightly until we hear a knock on the door. It was my dad.

"It's time Scar." He held out his hand for me to grab. I grab his hand and we leave the room.  My mom starts to walk down to her seat.

"Now are you sure you want to do this because the last time-"

"The last time I wasn't ready but I am now. Trust me Dad I know what I want." He kissed my forehead.

"Well let's get you married." He starts to walk down the aisle I can feel everyone looking at me. But I was mainly focused on Rudy. He stood up there crying. Yes, crying.

Once we got up there my Dad handed me off then shook Rudy's hand. I look at Rudy and he looks at me. He grabbed my hands and held them tightly as if he would lose me if he let them go.

"You look absolutely beautiful," he said not trying to cry anymore. I managed to take one of my hands out of his. I wiped his tears.

"You look handsome to a baby."

As the priest talked all I could think about was my vows. It took me so long to write them I just hope they are good enough.

"The couple wrote their own vows."

This was my cue. I got this.

"Rudy because of you I smile, I laugh. I promise to love you each and every day of our lives together. I vow to support you in anything you want to do. I will stand with you in every battle because we are not just lovers but best friends. I love the way you leave the peanut butter out when I tell you to put it away." I got a few laughs from our family." But in all seriousness, I promise that I will love you from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet." I said squeezing his hand just a little.

It was now Rudy's turn. "You are my soulmate, my joy, my peace, my life. You see the one I want to grow a family with. You are the only person I need in life. You are my food and water. You are my other piece. I love you because you follow your heart and not just your head. I love you because of your energy, your funny, kind, and is one of the nicest people In the world. Your smile melts my heart. All you have to do is look at me and my body fills up with happiness. Whenever I'm with you I am happy. You see my rock and I just love you so much.

"Do you Rudy Pankow promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?" The priest said to Rudy. And without hesitation

"I do," he said almost screaming it.

Do you, Scarlett Walsh promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him, for as long as you both shall live?

"I do"

" you may now seal this agreement with a kiss."

Rudy grabbed me close and kissed me. I was so caught in the moment I forgot people were watching us. I And Rudy pull away to hear cheering and laughter.

We raise our hands. And run down the aisle together. He hopes into the just married car. Rudy kissed me once more.

"Hi, Mrs. Pankow." He Said with a cheesy smile

"Hello Mr. Pankow" I laughed and he took off. I was finally happy. This may have started out horribly but it ended exactly how I wanted. I wouldn't change a thing. I finally got a happy ending.