43. lemma babies

luke was slightly taken back by emma's confession, worried she was only saying it because of the overwhelming amount of alcohol she had consumed earlier that night.

"you're drunk" he mumbled, though that didn't stop him from inching closer to her.

"so are you" she countered.

"so.... we probably shouldn't"

emma leaned up so she was resting on her knees, intently watching luke's every move — and how every move he made landed him closer to her.

"but we're going to, aren't we?" emma breathed out, waiting for luke to close the distance between them.

"yeah" he whispered.

luke stared at her, unsure if he should go through with this or not. sure, they were both still tipsy, but he wouldn't want her, or anyone for that matter, thinking he was taking advantage of her.

emma sensed the hesitation in luke's body language and, deciding that she simply cannot go another second without his lips on hers, gently grabs his face and kisses him.

that was the effort luke needed, the first step he had been longing for.

emma only kissed him for a moment before pulling away, she wanted to make sure luke wanted this, too.

she searched his eyes, looking for any sign of regret or uncertainty, but she found none.

luke rested his forehead against hers, fully ready to make the furthest thing from a mistake.

"i don't want to kiss you if you are going to regret it when you're sober," he sighs, knowing he needs clear boundaries before they can proceed any further. "so tell me now... just tell me if you'll have any regrets"

"the only thing i regret is my decision to distance ourselves — which sucked ass by the way" emma hiccupped in between giggles.

luke smiled and grabbed a random bottle of alcohol from his bag. he took a small sip before handing it to emma.

"just for a little extra push, in case we get nervous" he shrugged.

emma nodded and took a quick drink before handing it back to luke.

she wasn't sure which was more intoxicating; the alcohol or luke. but either way, she was getting drunk off of one of them tonight.

neither wasted any time — emma wrapped her arms around luke's neck, using enough force to cause them to clumsily fall backwards.

with luke now resting flat on his back, he roamed his hands around emma's waist, before slipping up her shirt and placing them on the skin he'd found so much comfort in.

"please just kiss me already" emma whined.

"oh i have to kiss you?" luke raised an eyebrow, knowing he was fucking with her and had every intention on doing so.

emma nodded, "you've been mad at me.. i need to know you want this, too" she said.

"baby," luke spoke softly, not missing the small smile that popped up on the girls face. "just because I was mad at you doesn't mean i stopped... it doesn't mean i stopped liking you"

"then prove it"

the taunting words were all luke needed to connect their lips.

his lips were cold against emma's, and she could taste the alcohol he had consumed during the night. both hearts were racing as emma's hands stayed tangled in luke's hair and his were happily resting on her hips.