01. take your shirt off

june, 2018

emma was the kind of girl who hated dancing, large crowds and the party scene. truthfully, she wasn't a huge fan of people either. she was content staying at home watching netflix and eating her body weight in food. but her bestfriend was the complete opposite. which explains why emma has been at the nightclub for about two hours. she really didn't want to go out tonight, but her best friend, maya, told her she needed to 'let loose and have fun' .

her and maya had been friends since middle school. they were the typical introvert and extrovert friend duo, but they still had  a lot in common aside from emma's apparent hatred for socialization.

emma was sitting at the bar alone, which is what she usually did whenever maya begged her to come out. maya could usually be found on the dance floor, she was always the center of attention with everyone's eyes on her.

after Emma's fourth shot, she was starting to feel the affects of the alcohol. she was tapping her fingers on the bar in front of her and rocking a bit to the music. the one thing emma loved about alcohol was how social she felt. instead of avoiding people's eyes and having empty conversations, she felt confident enough to talk to anyone about anything. emma took one last shot before she contemplated calling a cab to take her home. before she could grab her phone, she felt maya walk behind her and sling an arm over her shoulder. maya was way past drunk, but emma didn't mind. she found it amusing, if anything.

"that hot guy over there has been starting at you all night" maya yelled over the music, pointing to the stranger across the room. emma's eyes wandered over to where maya was pointing before her eyes landed on one of the most attractive boys she had ever seen.

she couldn't make out all of his features due to the limited lighting in the club, but she could make out blue eyes and blonde hair. blondes were definitely her weakness. she didn't want to approach the guy, surely if he had been eyeing her all night the least he could do is talk to her.

emma twirled her hair around her finger before smiling at the stranger. he apparently took that as his invitation to come meet her, because in a few short strides he was standing infront of her instead of across the room. maya seemed to take a hint and left the two alone, sauntering off into the sea of people on the dance floor.

black jeans clung to his legs and he was wearing a black shirt, with the top few buttons undone, giving emma a small view of his chest. his look was completed by, you guessed it, black boots.

she suddenly felt nervous and unsure of herself. emma was never the type of girl to meet a random stranger and go home with him, it just wasn't her thing, not that she'd be going home with him, but with the way this guy looked, she was currently re-evaluating that statement. she wet her lips in anticipation of the conversation she hoped was about to happen.

the boy lowered his head to emma's height and moved his mouth towards her ear "what's your name?"  his voice sent chills down her spine. it was so deep, she loved it.

"emma. yours?"

"luke"

luke. the name suited him. a hot name for a hot boy.

emma nodded and smiled at him before chewing on her bottom lip, not sure of what to say next. "would you want to dance with me?" he asked innocently, but his voice was low and husky, making her question his intentions. one dance couldn't hurt though, right?

the word yes slipped from emma's lips, which was all luke needed to hear before smiling at her and softly grabbing her wrist  to pull her closer to him. he moved his hand to the small of her back and began leading her towards the dance floor. she noticed him waving at three boys, presumably his friends. they were all pretty attractive as far as emma could tell, she only caught a glimpse of them.