30. taking emma's star wars virginity

TAKING EMMA'S STAR WARS VIRGINITY

ashton had been discretely listening in behind the wall, much to maya's disapproval.

and while emma begged luke not to say or do anything, she never asked ashton to do the same.

so he came fist first into the room, making perfect contact with caleb's jaw. though he held back a little, not wanting to give the groom a broken jaw a week before he gets married.

"oh—caleb?" ashton acts shocked, as if he was unaware of his actions.

"so, so sorry man, i thought you were luke! though i guess the height difference sort of makes it impossible to mix the two of you up.... anywho, yeah, he stole ten bucks from my wallet and it just really pissed me off. sorry again!" ashton just smiles and nods, ignoring angry stares from everyone in the room.

emma is the first to move, going to the freezer and placing a few ice cubes in a bag before walking towards caleb. "here, let me—"

"no, thanks, i got it" the injured boy seethed, grabbing the ice from emma and lightly placing it over his jaw.

she walks back towards luke, feeling much more comfortable beside the blonde.

"that's fucked up, ashton. you don't physically assault someone over ten fucking dollars"

caleb bought into the lie, not knowing the shaggy haired boy well enough to think something else was up.

"there are a lot of things you shouldn't hurt someone over," luke chimes in, ignoring emma's nails that were anxiously digging into his skin.

"are you insinuating i did something?" caleb asks with an amused look.

"nope," luke shakes his head. "just stating a fact"

the boys stare at each other, with tension so think you could cut it with a knife.

"the guys will be here soon, i should get the fire started — hey maybe that picture i threw away mixed with some wood will make a good fire starter" caleb keeps a straight face until his eyes land on emma, he gives her a wink and heads off to the back yard.

while luke knew caleb was trying to get under his skin, he'd be lying if he said it wasn't working. but he just had to remember that he has a new picture with her.

and while the old polaroid signified something new and exciting, this one signified hope.

"i can't believe you did that," luke states with a soft chuckle following.

"i can't believe you didn't!" ashton throws his arms in the air, shaking his head. "though i suppose it's best that you didn't, because you probably wouldn't have been able to stop yourself"

luke shrugs, not denying his assumption. caleb surely would've gotten more than a single half-assed punch if luke had any say in the matter.

"are you okay, emma?" ashton asks, pulling the girl into a hug.

"yeah, yeah i'm okay," she softly pushes him off her before breaking out into laughter. "that was like, the worst excuse in the world though"

"yeah, well he's not the smartest guy out there" luke mumbles, rolling his eyes.

"he's smart enough" emma bites her lip, glancing at luke's confused face.

the room goes silent, both sets of eyes falling on ashton.

luke was praying ashton would leave, while emma was hoping he wouldn't.

"right, i can take a hint," ashton throws his hands up in defense. "i'll leave you crazy kids to it" he says before going off to find maya.