28. team luke

TEAM LUKE

"what the hell are you doing" luke mumbles as he tightens his grip around emma.

"let go" she whines. emma has been trying to get out of bed for a few minutes now, but luke's death grip is making it rather difficult.

"tell me where you're going first" luke compromises.

"i need to take a shower"

"what time is it?"

emma sits quietly for a moment before saying, "like, almost noon"

luke sits up, groggily checking his surroundings. "it's dark outside" he blankly states.

"so?"

"so it can't be noon. and you're slurring your words which means you're still a little drunk, meaning you haven't been asleep long enough for the alcohol to leave your system"

emma scrunches her face, nudging herself out of luke's grip. "didn't know you were the keeper of time, or whatever, but i'm still taking a shower — i feel sticky and i think i spilled alcohol on me from earlier"

luke objects, reaching for emma and pulling her back down. "you can't shower right now, you're drunk and i don't want you slipping and getting hurt. so stay in bed with me, where it's warm, and you can shower tomorrow... deal?"

"or, hear me out," emma sits up, prepared to proposition him. "you take one with me, that way you can make sure i don't die and i can shower — everyone wins" she cheekily grins, watching as the blonde's mouth opens slightly.

"we can't shower together, emma" he laughs the idea off like it's absolutely insane.

"why not? we've done it before... lots of times" she points out, trying to rope him in.

luke chuckles, "i don't think your fiancé would appreciate that very much" he says.

"he probably wouldn't appreciate you kissing me, either, but you did that" she sasses him, sitting up on her knees as luke narrows his eyes at the girl.

"fine— get your sassy ass in the shower"

emma squeals, clapping her hands together and jumping off the bed.

she pulls a pair of spandex out from her bag, then wanders over to luke's things and grabs a random shirt. "is it okay if i wear this?"

he nods as emma throws a pair of gym shorts at his head.

luke groans as the mesh makes contact with his face, wondering how emma was able to talk him into taking a shower at five in the morning.

i'm fucking whipped for a girl i'm not even dating.

once luke changes, he sets off for the bathroom where emma already has the shower running.

it's one of those showers that doubles as a bathtub with a curtain in front of it, very spacious.

he peels the curtain back, stepping behind emma. he wraps his arms around her from behind and pulls her into him as he rests his head on her shoulder.

"woah, someone isn't wearing a shirt" emma grows nervous as her back collides with his hard chest and his arms flex as they rest around her.

"i don't wear shirts when i take a shower, i'm not a dork like you are" luke teases the girl, immediately planting a kiss on her cheek to let emma know he's only joking.

"i was trying to keep it pg! if you weren't in here i definitely wouldn't be wearing one"

"oh, don't wear a shirt on my account" he takes a few steps forward with emma in his arms, submerging her under the water.