30. we're having sex in here

luke was surprised that maya had moved on from the incident so fast — well, i wouldn't say fast. it took almost an hour of endless apologies and a promise that luke and emma wouldn't keep anything else from maya before she forgave them.

it happened before maya and luke were together, she had no right to be mad that it happened, just that it was kept from her, and she knew that.

"come on, i want to try something with you" maya gripped luke's hand and pulled him into their hotel room. the couple had just helped emma get ashton into bed — he was the only one who managed to get drunk out of the four. probably because his girlfriend had been with another man for a majority of the wedding.

"should i be scared?" luke joked and plopped onto the bed. maya, who's smile took up almost her entire face, shook her head and sat next to luke.

she leaned in but quickly stopped before she could kiss him.

"oops — i must've gotten lip gloss on your lips from earlier"

luke's hand flew to the corner of his mouth as a nervous chuckle escaped his lips. he wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his shirt and winced when he recognized the color as the same shade emma was wearing earlier.

luke knew he was in the wrong for kissing emma in the aspect that he had feelings for her. but he wasn't wrong considering it stopped her panic attack — he was unsure if he should feel guilty for what happened.

emma was currently fighting the same battle one room over as she stared at the ceiling in hopes of drowning out the idyllic thoughts of luke. thinking about someone else while she lay quietly next to her boyfriend left a bitter taste in her mouth.

"now, where were we" maya smiled and leaned in, with luke meeting her half way.

they made out for a while, long enough to the point where if luke were with another girl, things would have escalated by now. but he wasn't complaining — he cared about maya and wanted her to be comfortable.

luke tried to focus on the girl in front of him, he really did. but his mind kept wandering to the girl in the next room, instead. what were her and ashton doing? is she okay? is she thinking about me, too?

it wasn't until he felt maya playing with his belt buckle that he abruptly pulled away.

"what are you doing?" he asked. maya had never ventured down there before and her bold move slightly startled luke.

"i figured we could... you know" she chewed on her bottom lip in anticipation as her hopeful eyes bore into luke's skeptical ones. maya attempted to undo his belt once more, but luke stopped her from going any further.

"maya," luke sighed. "trust me when i say that i really want to have sex with you — but not right now, not under these circumstances"

maya frowned and instantly felt her heart plummeting into the bottom of her chest. here she was, being rejected by luke for the second time.

she had an apprehensive feeling about their relationship, and the vacant look in his eyes when he stares at her and the detached behavior when he's around her only solidified her fears.

maybe she thought sleeping with him would make him stay.

"but you slept with emma"

luke fell backwards onto the bed and patted the spot next to him, gesturing for maya to copy his actions.

"that is completely different," luke rested his hands on the top of his head. "i didn't like her, emma wasn't saving herself for marriage and i was never supposed to see her again"