{6} Queen Bitches & A Gay Bestfriend

I HAD ALREADY finished my lunch and was waiting for the bell to ring, so I decided to finish setting up my Instagram.

I snap a selfie and caption it, 'first day out of jail and I'm still in hell,'  before posting it.

While I'm waiting for it to load, a shadow looms over me and I turn around to see...Barbie?

The girl standing in front of me looks like the definition of a human barbie doll. She has long shiny blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and pouty pink lips. She would actually look pretty if there wasn't a huge scowl on her lips. 

"I'm Cassandra Waller and-"

"Not a single fuck was given" I interrupt, turning back around.

"Excuse me" she exclaims in a shrilly voice and I flinch from how close she is.

"Is your voice always that squeaky?" I say, rubbing my ear.

"Whatever. Since you're new here, I figured I'd warn you before you get on my bad side. See that guy over there?"

She points at a boy sitting at a table with 5 other boys and 3 girls.

My mouth dries up when he turns and we make eye contact. The only thing on my mind is...

'Gorgeous' Tatiana says.

And she's right. He's absolutely gorgeous.

"Hey," Cassandra snaps her fingers in front of my face, pulling me out of my trance.

"I know that look and you better end those thoughts right now or else. He's mine."

"First of all" I stand up and she backs up a bit. Unfortunately, she's a whole head taller than me, her heels contributing to the factor.

"If you love yourself, then I suggest that you don't ever try and threaten me again" I clench my fingers as I look up at her, a sharp glare on my face.

"Second, if I end up wanting him, you best believe that if you tried to stop me, there would be severe consequences."

As if on cue, the bell rings, but no one makes a move to go anywhere as every pair of eyes in the cafeteria is trained on us.

"I'd say it was nice to meet you, but then I'd be lying" I say, before turning around and walking to the doors.

*****

My eyes widen as I walk into the Cosmetology classroom.

The large room is divided, where half of the room is a a regular classroom with desks and a smartboard while the other half looks like it was taken straight from a hair salon.

It has a row of hooded dryer chairs on both the east and west walls and 2 rows of pedicure chairs back to back in the middle of the room. There is also a large bookshelf of mannequin heads in the north wall and a large column on different nail polishes and other equipment for nails, hair, and makeup.

A beautiful, mocha-skinned woman walks towards us, a radiant smile on her lips. Her curly hair is pulled into a sleek low puff and her long lashes frame her brown eyes beautifully.

"Hi, Tequila. I'm so excited to have you in my class," she smiles, sticking out her hand. 

I shake it firmly as she introduces herself. "I'm Miss. Bryant."

"Nice to meet you" I murmur. "And you can ignore those loafs behind me. They're just there to make sure I stay in line."

Miss. Bryant chuckles in amusement.