{18} With Cold Comes Comfort

Eros

Women.

They're so confusing. Constantly going from hot to cold and then back again.

It makes my head spin.

I just don't understand.

One minute she's happy and we're kissing and stuff.

Then, she's crying and won't tell me what's wrong. I don't know what I did and I'M FREAKING OUT!!!

What could possibly have happened while I was in the bathroom?

I was only gone for 5 MINUTES!!

Then I realize something.

There was only one person in the kitchen with her when I left.

"Adonis?" I slowly turn to face my brother, a stony expression on my face.

He pauses the action movie he's watching and turns to me, the smile on his face sliding off when he sees the cold look in my eyes.

"Yeah..."

"What did you say to Tequila when I was in the bathroom?"

His face pales for a second before he coughs and turns back to the TV.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

A low growl emits from my throat when I see his Adam's apple bob as he swallows harshly and a bead of sweat slides down the side of his face.

"What.the hell. Did you. SAY!" I snarl, glaring at him as I stand up, my fingers clenched angrily.

Adonis stands up too, his palms held up placatingly. "Calm down, bro. It's not-"

"ANSWER ME" I bellow, as blue veins snake up my arms and my canines slowly lengthen.

Draven strains for control.

He wants to find our aresthai, but I need to know what happened.

So I know how to approach the situation.

Because she is recently marked, her emotions at the moment are very unstable and can lead to uncontrollable actions.

I have to be careful.

The front door suddenly opens and Melia storms in. "EROS! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU-"

She stops mid-sentence and visibly shivers when my eyes snap to hers

I turn back to Adonis, whose expression is riddled with fear and guilt.

"I WILL NOT ASK YOU AGAIN. WHAT. THE HELL. DID YOU SAY. TO MY ARESTHAI" I growl, my voice unrecognizable even to me.

Melia's eyes flicker over to Adonis and her voice is calm when she asks, "What is he talking about, Adonis?"

Adonis bites his bottom lip and rubs the back of his neck sheepishly.

"So, I maybe, sorta, kinda called her a nuisance. And then I kinda accused her of playing with your feelings before threatening her-"

"YOU WHAT?!?!" I roar and Draven takes over, pushing me back as he wraps his hand around Adonis' throat and slams him against the hall.

His eyes glow with anger as his own lycan begins to emerge.

"YOU DARE THREATEN WHAT IS MINE" I hiss, slamming him against the wall again.

His feet barely brush the floor and he snarls angrily, raking his claws along my arm in an attempt to free himself, but I merely ignore the slashes that are steadfastly leaking blood.

Instead, I raise my other hand and punch him in the jaw. A tooth falls out and he spits blood onto the carpet before turning his angry gaze on me as he bares his bloody teeth.

I barely register Melia's calls for help as I raise my fist to punch him again.

"YOU HAD NO RIGHT!!!" I scream, striking him across the face. Blood sprays from his broken nose, some drops splattering across my face.

I pull him off the wall and slam him onto the ground, before punching him again.

A pair of arms pull me off of him and I roar angrily, thrashing in their hold.

Adonis tries to lunge at me but he is stopped and I assume someone has grabbed hold of him.

"Eros, you need to stop. This isn't you," a voice says, but I am too lost in my haze of fury.

I need...

I need...

I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!

I rip myself away with an angry growl and crash through a window just as my clothes shred and I fully transform into my beast. I let out a loud, angry howl before speeding towards the thick forest.

I can't hear anything else other than the wind whistling past my ears as the trees blur together.

I'm not sure how long or how far I run, but when I stop, I am in snowy woodland and it is freezing, but the cold helps ground me.

I collapse on the ground and throw my head back, letting out a sorrowful, broken-hearted howl.

And then, in the cold of the frigid taiga, I bow my head and cry.

[][][][]

This chapter is really short but it leads into Chapter 19, which I'm going to try and publish tomorrow.

Please let me know what you think in the comments and don't forget to vote.

XOXO

-Chassity White