{16} Marked

THE VOICES ARE silent for once.

In fact, the entire room is silent.

Dr.Crawford and my mother stare at me in shock, horror evident in their expressions.

I don't even want to know Eros' reaction.

His body is tense behind me and his fingers clench, forming a fist on my thigh.

"Tequila, I-," my mother begins.

"Don't worry about it," I interrupt, forcing a smile to my mouth. "I'm fine. It's fine."

"Lovebug..."

"It's fine. Can we be done now?" I rush out, eager to leave now that I had carelessly revealed my past in my vulnerable state.

"I-I.." Dr.Crawford stammered helplessly as she and my mother exchanged shocked looks.

I quickly stand up and plaster a large smile on my lips, my hands clasped in front of me.

"Well, this has been nice. I'll see you next Thursday for our next session, Dr.Crawford, Mother," I say in the cheeriest voice I can muster. "Have a wonderful day."

I look down at Eros who is staring at me, multiple emotions flitting through his expression.

"Let's go, honey," I say, holding out a hand for him.

"Princess..."

"Let's go, honey," I repeat firmly, still managing to keep the smile intact on my lips.

He sighs and stands up, taking my hand in his.

My heart skips a beat as sparks skitter where his skin touches mine.

I'll never get used to that feeling.

It just baffles my mind how he can invoke such a powerful emotion within me simply by touching my body.

I manage to keep the smile on my lips when we walk out of the room and into the waiting room where Knox and Jones are sitting down in white, plastic chairs.

"So, how'd it go?" Knox asks, getting up and walking towards us.

Eros opens his mouth to speak but I interrupt him.

"Peachy. It was amazing. I enjoyed reconnecting with my mom," I say and Eros squeezes my hand, causing me to look up at him.

'Are you good?', his eyes question and I nod, before turning back to look at Knox who is staring at me, concern evident in his features.

"Tequila...are you okay," he asks, hesitantly.

Damn, my smile must not be convincing enough.

I widen it and say, "Oh, I'm fine. I'm okay. I'm more than okay actually. I'm great."

His eyebrows raise and I laugh nervously.

"Oh, would you look at the time. Eros and I have to go. See u at home, D-Knox," I say, quickly, before dragging outside to the parking lot where Eros's Ferrari is parked.

He unlocks the car before opening the shotgun door for me.

I shoot him a small smile before slipping inside.

He closes the door behind me before walking around to his side.

I chew on my thumb nervously as he opens the door and enters.

I don't want to talk about what I said in that room.

I just want to forget.

I want to forget that room.