{13} Making Love to My Mouth

"WHAT THE HELL were you doing out there?" he yells angrily as he paces up and down the length of my hotel room wall.

"Chill Knox, it's not that big of a deal" I say, shaking my head disinterestedly as I pick at my nails.

"Not a BIG DEAL?! Do you know what was going through my head when I came back from my meeting and the receptionist told me you had never checked in," he rants, running his hand through his hair as he glares at me.

"Look, I'm sorry. Is that what you wanted to hear? I'm sorry."

He bristles angrily.

"Damn right you're sorry. And you're also grounded."

I gape and jump to my feet, glaring at him intensely.

"Grounded?! The hell?! You're not my dad!" I yell, scowling.

"I may not be your dad but I am in charge of you while we're here, so what I say goes and that's FINAL!"

"But-"

"FINAL!"

I let out an angry yell, crossing my arms in irritation.

"Oh, and I'll be taking your phone too," he says, quickly snatching up said device from the bedside table before I can react.

"And starting tomorrow, I'll be accompanying you to all your classes once again."

I glare at him, hatred and anger swirling in my eyes.

"I hate you."

A flash of hurt flickers through his eyes and I almost think I imagined it when he quickly masks it with a blank expression.

"A lot of people do," he mutters before turning and leaving.

Guilt bubbles up inside me and I let out a long, suffering groan before collapsing back on my bed.

Damn, I fucked up, didn't I?

~~~

I wake up with a dark cloud floating over my head, worsening my mood by the minute.

My movements are sluggish and sloth-like at times. I'm so out of it that I nearly brush my teeth with my edgebrush. Luckily I snapped out of it before I could apply the toothpaste.

I'm too unbothered to actually try on my appearance today so I just throw on the first things my hands come into contact with. When I glance in the mirror later on though, I'm happy that I still look good, with a tan cropped knitted cardigan that had brown buttons running down the middle, blue ripped jeans, and a pair of fuzzy faux fur slippers.

I brush out my bangs and throw my rose gold hair up into a messy bun and swipe a layer of shiny lip-gloss across my lips before exiting my room.

Knox is waiting for me outside and I offer him a small smile as a somewhat peace offering, but when he doesn't even acknowledge my presence, my smile sinks as does my mood