Chapter Twenty eight

Start from the beginning

"No fair. You slept here." He pouted while looking over me and tossing the pillow back into my hands.

"Never said we couldn't camp out, loop holes Anakin loop holes." I said while leaning up o to my toes and lightly hitting him on the head with the fluffy pillow. He just chuckled and lightly shook his head, bribing his hand up to hold the pillow back.

"Okay...maybe you're the better Jedi," He said in a softer tone while looking down at mean with those dazzling blue eyes. His expression seemed so soft when he looked into my eyes, it made my heart melt away inside how he could be so gentle with me. "Want to hear something exciting?" He went on to ask while easing a brow at me with a small smirk and pulling the pillow back down from above his head.

"Sure my inferior friend." I jokingly teased as we walked over to take a seat outside the council rooms. Anakin gave a light laugh and shook his head while sitting down by my side as I just grinned over at him.

"Well, I heard yesterday from Master Yoda that he wants you to serve with me and the 501st, Yoda seems to want me to show you the ropes, then they're planning on taking a section of the 501st along with some new recruits to form your own unit-but that's a long way off right now," I listened intently, genuinely very relieved to know Anakin would be there at my side. "Important thing is we're going to being working together for a little while, isn't that great?" He said while looking over at me with a small spark of joy lighting up in his ice-lake eyes.

"That's amazing news...honestly I'm so relieved, I'd hate to go out into this whole mess alone after missing the beginning...all I know is a few things Dooku spoke about but other than that I'm clueless a out this war." I replied sincerely with an antioxidant smile. It really did make me feel better to know I wouldn't be immediately torn from Anakin again, I'd missed him so much I couldn't bare the thought of having this war pull him away from me yet again.

"Well then guess I'll have to teach you, but don't worry you'll be fine, Captain Rex and the rest of the 501st are great, plus," He scooted a little closer and a laced his hand on mine giving it a light squeeze. "I'll be right there at your side." He added on in a final point while giving my a half smile in comfort, which didn't go unappreciated.

"In that case what could possibly go wrong? Between my brilliant plans and your reckless skills will have those separatists on the run in no time at all." I joked back, giving him a light nudge with my elbow which seemed to earn a chuckle. Anakin sat and ran his left hand back through his hair before glancing back over at me and raising a brow.

"Brilliant plans?" He questioned back in a teasing fashion while giving me a small smirk, to which a swiftly pulled the pillow from beside me and shook it in front of him to make my point.

"Well I didn't see you camped out here this morning now did i?" Mockingly I replied while reaching one finger out and poking at his chest, and my gods was it hard. Glancing down I poked my finger a little harder against him with some form of astonishment. "My gods do you have stone for a chest?" I mumbled while continuing to poke at him like a curious little child.

"Why'd you sound so surprised, you e lain against it a good few nights," he chuckled quietly while leaning forward and placing a quick kiss on my cheek before leaning so his lips were practically brushing my ear. "...I've missed that by the the way, holding your beautiful body in my arms at night..." he whispered into my ear, a small tickle rubbing across my skin as his breath brushed my earlobe and stray hairs.

"I've missed that to...unfortunately I highly doubt we'll be able to continue sharing a bed now we're back at the temple...someone would be sure to notice." Quietly I sighed back in response while resting my head against his shoulder.