The Roadway to Victory!

"Alright, let's start with jogging!" (Name) cheered. She, Rockruff, and Pikachu took off. "Oh, and Rowlet, you're going to be left behind!" Rowlet woke up instantly and flew with its trainer.

"That looks fun," Jason admitted. He looked at his Pokemon. "Let's do that, too!" He and his Pokemon took off, too. Surprisingly, though there are Rhyhorn races, the trainers themselves were faster than their Pokemon.

"What effect will their training have, anyway?" Rotom asked.

"I don't know, but I know that they're communicating with emotions rather than they usually do," Professor Kukui admitted, "the point is probably to bring Rockruff's emotion out into energy."

"Where's the logic to that?!"

(Name), Pikachu, Rockruff, Rowlet, Jason, Braixen, Eevee, Braixen, Frogadier, and Rhyhorn did lots of training, but they were kid-friendly. Like simple push-ups or running laps. Later, they went for a break. By break, it means nap.

During training, (Name) had asked Kiawe to help Rockruff since Rockruff was going against a Fire-type Pokemon. Kiawe agreed, since he was a Fire-type trainer.

"Turtonator, Flamethrower!" Kiawe ordered. Pikachu and Eevee dodged the attack.

"All right, Rockruff, that's how you have to dodge it, 'kay?" (Name) told Rockruff, who wagged its tail.

"Flamethrower!"

It was so close. Rockruff was so close to dodging, but its tail got caught. It howled in pain as it ran off to the sea to cool off.

"Well, that sure was a fail..." Jason trailed off.

After taking another nap, they all continued training.

"Okay, Rockruff," (Name) began, "you have to put your back into your butt then shake it. Like this." (Name) did as she said so herself, and Rockruff got into the rhythm. The class was with them.

"It would be a lot less weirder if a Pokemon was teaching a Pokemon," Kiawe sweatdropped.

"You're forgetting," Mallow began, "(Name)'s practically a Pokemon."

"You have to concentrate more!" (Name) told Rockruff, who put all its energy, and finally, rocks on its collar glowed. Rockruff fired rocks on (Name). It was painful, but it really didn't hurt to (Name).

"Nice one!" (Name) cheered. Rockruff jumped into her arms, and they hugged.

"You just had to use yourself as a target," the classmates commented.

"Pikachu, Thunderbolt, Rockruff, Rock Throw!" A strike of electricity came to Rockruff, who swiftly dodged it. Rockruff fired rocks from its glowing rock collar, landing a super effective hit on Pikachu. "Good! You learned Rock Throw!" (Name) cheered as the two Pokemon agreed. Rockruff charged into (Name) and cuddled her so hard, her skin started to turn red.

In the house, Rotom was showing a video it recorded. It was the Lycanroc battle. Then it showed some pictures. Rockruff barked excitedly.

"Wow, Rockruff really wants to get stronger, doesn't it?" Jason asked.

"Well, who wouldn't?" (Name) said. "If you were strong, you would aim to be stronger, right?!"

"I guess you're right..." Rockruff barked in agreement, unlike Jason. Rhyhorn nudged him.

Suddenly, Rockruff perked up. That meant the rallying was about to begin. The group exited the house and followed Rockruff into the woods. The "stadium" was filled with Pokemon. The humans and their Pokemon sat by rocks high up so they wouldn't be seen as Rockruff went down with the other Pokemon.

The Lycanroc howled, which was a signal for, "Battles, begin!" The trainers and their Pokemon watched as Rockruff challenged Magmar.

Rockruff charged into Magmar, dodging a flamethrower, thanks to Kiawe's help. Rockruff tackled Magmar, who used Fire Punch, throwing Rockruff away. Then, Magmar used Flamethrower, which Rockruff dodged. Just as Rockruff was about to use Rock Throw, Magmar threw a Flamethrower at Rockruff.

From the explosion, it wasn't over just yet. Both Pokemon jumped. Magmar went to use Fire Punch, but Rockruff easily dodged it and fired a Rock Throw, doing critical damage to Magmar. Magmar fell to the ground, low on health, as Rockruff landed and Tackled. Magmar was down for the count, making Rockruff the victor.

The Pokemon all cheered. (Name) assumed that was because Magmar was such a self-centered guy. Perhaps because it had made fun of Rockruff. Oh well. At least Rockruff won. That's what matters. They went back to the beach as the rallying was over.

"Rockruff, you were awesome!" (Name) praised. "You finally beat Magmar!"

"Yet you did it because you couldn't just leave Rockruff alone," Rotom commented.

"I really liked the Rock Throw," (Name) admitted. "It's got more power, like Rockruff's life depended on it!"

"Maybe because... it kinda did?" Jason guessed. Rockruff tackled (Name) to the sand and rubbed her. That gave Jason an idea.

"Hey, (Name), why don't you catch Rockruff?" Jason suggested.

"Catch...?" (Name) trailed off. She looked at Rockruff, who smiled at her. She sat up and looked at Professor Kukui. "Dad, Rockruff's pretty fond of you. Jason, too."

"But it trusts you more," Professor Kukui countered. "After all, you did offer to train it."

(Name) looked back at Rockruff. "Rockruff... Do you want to be my Pokemon?" (Name) asked Rockruff, who happily barked yes. She pulled out a Pokeball and Rockruff touched the button. The Pokeball twitched once, twice, and thrice- a catch.

"Aw, yeah," (Name) exclaimed. "I just caught Rockruff!" She let Rockruff out of the Pokeball. "Alright, time for special training!"

"Again...?" Jason sweatdropped.

The three Pokemon(with Rowlet in it) ran with their Trainer, (Name). Jason and his Pokemon decided to join in, too.

"Wasn't their training last time running?" Rotom asked.

"Yeah, but this training seems different," Professor Kukui stated. He began running after them. "If you don't hurry, you'll be left behind!"

"Coming!"