The Grand Finale of the Grand Trial!

"This will be an interesting battle," Kahuna Hala remarked. "Use Power-up Punch!" It not only hurt Rowlet, but it also kept Rowlet away. "Now use Brutal Swing!" With one hit, Rowlet would be finished. Luckily, though, it dodged.

"Use Tackle!" Almost immediately after dodging, Rowlet tackled so fast and hard, Crabrawler fell to the ground, defeating it. Hala brought his Crabrawler back into its Pokeball, while (Name) and Rowlet celebrated in victory.

"Nice job, Rowlet!" (Name) cheered. Rowlet cheered for a bit before slowing down.

"I think Rowlet's sleep-flying," Rotom commented. Jason and (Name) sweatdropped.

"Is that a thing...?" (Name) asked.

Hala sent out Hariyama to the battlefield. (Name) tried to wake Rowlet up, but apparently, it worked itself to sleep.

"That's one gifted sleepyhead," Jason noted.

"Then, Rowlet, you have a nice rest," (Name) said, putting Rowlet in her backpack to sleep. She looked at her shoulder. "Pikachu, you're up!" Pikachu jumped off her shoulder and got into battle stance. By watching Rowlet battle, Pikachu might have had a chance.

"Hariyama is pretty strong, you know," Rotom warned. "It can punch a 10-ton truck away, which is about the weight of 1,667 Pikachu."

"ONE THOUSAND, SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY SEVEN?!" (Name) and Jason internally screamed. (Name) tried to be as confident as possible, but she was panicking right now. She brushed it off, while Jason and Eevee sweatdropped.

"Start it off with the Iron Tail!" Pikachu's tail stiffened and hardened until it turned into solid steel that struck Hariyama. Hariyama, on the other hand...

"Use Fake Out!" which blocked out Iron Tail. Next, Hala told it to use Knock Off, slamming the electric type Pokemon to the ground.

"Quickly! Nuzzle!" (Name) commanded as Pikachu rubbed its cheeks, getting ready for Hariyama. Apparently, Hariyama knew that, so when Hala ordered it to use Arm Thrust, it first hit Pikachu's face to the ground.

"Keep using Arm Thrust!" Hala commanded as Hariyama get punching Pikachu. It seemed to be over, but Pikachu managed to dodge one of the attacks by rolling to the side.

"Great, now use Thunderbolt!" Pikachu gave out a strike of lightning that hit Hariyama. Hariyama was able to resist the attack, much to the young trainer's surprise and shock. "No effect...?!" (Name) moaned.

"Use Belly Drum!" Hariyama began clapping and hitting its belly or what was considered by its digestion system.

"What a ruthless move," Professor Kukui noted, "since Hariyama's attack stats are already maximized."

"I'm sure he has a reason," Jason commented.

Well, the kahuna did. He activated his Z-ring and did the Fightingium Z move pose. Apparently, they were going to use the Fighting-type Z-move- "Use All-Out Pummeling!"

"Use Quick Attack to dodge it!" Pikachu managed to dodge some of the hits, but that failed, and there was a gust of dust from the explosion. As the dust cleared up, Pikachu was still standing, fortunately.

"Awesome, Pikachu!" (Name) cheered.

"Now I see why Tapu Koko took the Z-ring," Hala said under his breath.

"Hit it with the Iron Tail!" Pikachu circled around Hariyama and hit the right leg, which made the Fighting Pokemon collapse, because of Belly Drum's drainage of health, the drainage of energy from the Z-move, and the critical damage from Pikachu's Iron Tail. Pikachu came back to its side.

"Now it's our turn!" (Name) declared, crossing her arms into an X in front of her, her Z-ring showing the glowing power. "Here we go, at full power!" She changed her pose into the Normalium Z move pose. "Use Breakneck Blitz!"

With incredible speed and power, Pikachu dashed in and hit Hariyama with fatal damage. With all its might, Pikachu attacked Hariyama, who was weakened and could not move to dodge. With a loud "boom", an explosion filled the air. The power and speed caused Hariyama to be hit so forcefully, it even got knocked out of the battlefield.

Hariyama skidded past Hala, right by Jason, who yelped in surprise. A Hariyama. Knocked out of the battlefield. By a Pikachu. A PIKACHU. The Pokemon that could punch away 1,667 of those got knocked out by one of them. It was amazing power.

"Hariyama is unable to battle. Pikachu wins! The victory goes to (Name) and Pikachu!"

Silence.

Even more silence.

Still silence.

"We did it!" (Name) and Pikachu broke the silence, who hugged each other in victory. They jumped for joy as they embraced each other.

Accepting defeat, Hala called back Hariyama. He turned to the female twin. "I'm impressed by your strength and spirit," he admitted. "All of your Pokemon gave their best. I was even moved by you when you and Pikachu executed the Z-move. You two seemed to have a bond."

"Heh heh," (Name) giggled lightly, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly, but this time, she didn't blush.

"As Island Kahuna, I declare (Name) the winner as she passed the Grand Trial," Hala declared, "of Melemele Island."

"There will be a celebration tonight," Professor Kukui promised, "for (Name) passing her Grand Trial."

"And as your reward," the kahuna began, "I present to you the Fightingium Z." He held out the Z-crystal to (Name). She went to take it, but there was a whoosh of wind between them. (Name) and Jason stopped cold.

"That presence..." Jason started.

"...It was that feeling..." (Name) continued. The twins looked at each other.

"...Could it be Tapu Koko?" Professor Kukui wondered.

"I didn't see a thing," Rotom stated.

As the cold scene thawed, Hala realized that the Z-crystal he was about to pass onto (Name) wasn't the Fightingium Z anymore. It was the Electrium Z. Well, that was a shocker. He began to laugh. (Name) and Jason stared at each other, thinking that they were not getting some kind of joke.

"Tapu Koko certainly did take an interest in you, (Name)!" the kahuna laughed. "I'm not sure if there will be a time when we understand its reasons, but here is your reward- the Electrium Z."

(Name) thanked the kahuna and held the Electrium Z. "AW, YEAH! I JUST GOT THE ELECTRIUM Z!" she cheered with Pikachu.

"Congrats," Jason pat her back. Eevee went right on. With a happy smile, it released a Swift attack into the air, but it wasn't an attack. The Swift hit each other, bursting into a rain of sparkles.

"You'll make a great Pokemon Contestant," (Name) told Jason. He shrugged.

"If it's okay, may I join the celebration?" Hala asked, "To cheer for (Name)'s victory?"

"Why not?" Professor Kukui agreed. "After all, you are the kahuna, and it would be an honor."

"What about our friends?" (Name) and Jason asked. "They helped us find out the answer for our Trial, and without them, I couldn't have obtained the Z-crystal."

"Of course," Hala accepted. "They are to thank."

The next day...

Hala and Hariyama were training by the battlefield. After some time, they went for a break. There was a whoosh of wind like yesterday, and guess what they saw in the workbench? The Fightingium Z crystal.

"Tapu Koko is an honest deity," Hala noted, "to return the Z-crystal."