The Search For the Trainers!

Litten tried its best to remove Rowlet's collar, but ultimately, failed, even with Braixen and Frogadier's help. Popplio made a balloon and had Rowlet enter it so it couldn't cause anymore trouble. With the balloon bouncing up and down on Popplio's nose, the Pokemon followed Litten.

They kept walking until they stopped by an area under a bridge. Normally, it would across a bridge, but it would be a lot less attracting when it was under it. Maybe that's why they didn't see Litten all this time? Because it's been living under a bridge?

Under the bridge was a humble looking area. There were stacks of boxes, and a messed up couch. On the couch was the elderly Stoutland. Popplio and Rowlet actually had to tilt their heads up to look at Stoutland, which startled them.

With its claws, Litten popped the balloon, allowing Stoutland to observe the brown Pokemon. The elderly Pokemon licked Rowlet with its big tongue, making the bird-like shiver. Braixen and Popplio stared in shock as Frogadier sweatdropped.

"Is... Could it be...?" Stoutland muttered before speaking up. It looked to the Braixen, Frogadier, and Popplio. "Is this (Name)'s Rowlet...? And you two, you're that Jason boy's Pokemon, right?"

"Yup." Popplio clapped its fins.

Litten crawled up into a stack of boxes and sleepily licked itself.

"Anyways, Rowlet can't fly because of that collar which we tried to get off, but we couldn't," Braixen added, which was continued by Frogadier. "And moreover, we don't know where this is, or where our trainers are located!"

"So-" Popplio noticed that Rowlet was sleeping. "HEY, DUMBBELL, WAKE UP!" Popplio screamed in shock as it slapped Rowlet.

Stoutland thought about it for a moment before getting an idea. "Litten." Litten perked. "Why not take these Pokemon and lead them back to those two?" Stoutland suggested. Litten was about disagree, but it was stopped by Popplio, whose eyes shimmered like in an anime.

"Fine..."

With some time of searching, no luck.

"Found them yet? Even one?"

"No."

"Where could they be?!"

"Maybe if Bounsweet used Sweet Scent... But that would attract boatloads of Pokemon..."

"There's already a boatload."

"We'll need a bigger boat."

"POPPLIO! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Rockruff had an idea. It began smelling the ground like its life depended on it. In its mind, it said, "Smell the ground like you mean it. Like Pokemon depend on it because they do."

"What's Rockruff doing?" (Name) asked.

"Of course!" Rotom and Jason exclaimed at the same time. "Rockruff has a great sense of smell, so it can track our Pokemon down if it has the same scent!"

"Ohh!"

"But it needs a source of the smell," Lana countered.

"Us!" (Name) exclaimed. "Our Pokemon have been with us, right, so we have traces of them on us!" She had Rockruff smell her bag. "Rowlet's been asleep here, got the smell?"

"And Popplio's been in my hands!" Lana added. Rockruff smelled her hands.

"And these are Braixen and Frogadier's Pokeballs," Jason said, letting Rockruff smell the insides of the Pokeball.

Rockruff smelled the ground from left to right, to north and south. Then it got the smell. Rockruff barked and followed the invisible path.

"All right!"

Meanwhile, in the cave, Bewear was sleeping. Jessie, James, and Wobbuffet took off to find Meowth.

And as Popplio, Litten, Braixen, and Frogadier were walking, the balloon topped off, making Rowlet run to catch up with the other Pokemon, who freaked. Frogadier was able to rescue it in time.

Rockruff followed the trail to its end, but nothing. It looked down in depression.

"H-hey, don't be down, Rockruff!" (Name) tried to cheer Rockruff. "You have to keep on going! You're our only hope! And I'm not saying that to motivate you. I'm serious."

Rockruff nodded, regaining its drive. It sniffed the ground again, getting a familiar trail. It barked and walked on the trail. Both groups went on, trying to find each other. Even though they passed each other.

The Pokemon group stopped for a bit. Litten tapped the ground below them and turns out, the ground below the Pokemon group was a trap. They immediately got caught in a net, pulling up. The Pokemon screamed for help as they were carried up to a building.

Luckily, the trainers heard that, and Rockruff did, too. They ran the other direction, only to see their Pokemon caught in a net. They climbed the stairs of the building. Mallow was especially tired, since the other three had actual motivation.

The Pokemon in the net were caught in a cage. Up there, was no other than Team Rocket.

"You're the problem!" Jessie screamed, "You're the reason why we couldn't finish our base!"

"So now, we'll trade you-"

"NO! WE'RE NOT TRADING IT FOR PIKACHU, WE'LL TAKE PIKACHU AND EEVEE, TOO!"

"Great idea!" Team Rocket made their way to the cage, and they saw Litten.

"Hey, you're the one that got in our way!" Meowth exclaimed. Litten meowed a few words. The Pokemon were shocked. Meowth flinched.

"Hello? Translation."

"Litten said that it'll join us if we let the Pokemon go," Meowth translated. "I like that fearlessness! Just what we need to STRENGTHEN TEAM ROCKET!"

Popplio, Braixen, and Froagdier stared in shock. Rowlet was woken up by Popplio by a slap since it fell asleep. Talk about sleepy.

Team Rocket went to approach the Fire Cat Pokemon, but they were burned. Not like, "Oh, roasted!" burned, the actual fire burn. That burn... it was familiar...

"Hey, you're that Pokemon who stole our food!" Meowth recalled. Despite Meowth's comment, Litten kept talking. Of course, the humans of Team Rocket did not understand. Within moments, the Pokemon from Team Rocket were crying, as the Pokemon in the cage stared in shock. Even Rowlet was awake.

"Hello? We don't speak Pokemon. Translation?"

"Litten said that it came from somewhere it was hated," Meowth sniffled, "it fought everyday just for the weak. It kept fighting, even though it knew it will lose. It seeks to become stronger." Now the speech was translated, all of Team Rocket was crying.

"So heroic!" James declared.

"That's why... YOU'LL MAKE THE PERFECT MEMBER OF TEAM ROCKET!" Meowth finished.

Unhesitatingly, Litten accepted as Popplio, Braixen, Frogadier, and Rowlet stared in shock as Team Rocket cheered.

"GREAT! Because you'll be getting a whole lot stronger now!" Meowth released the bars, but when Litten accepted, that was a lie. That was only for Litten to come out, but on the spot, Litten used Scratch, releasing the Pokemon from the net and the cage.

Well, that was a shocker to Team Rocket.

Popplio made a balloon to entrap Team Rocket in, then Rowlet and Frogadier bashed the balloon, allowing Braixen and Litten use fire attacks, which was finished with Popplio's Bubble Beam, sending Team Rocket to "blasting off again..."

Finally, (Name), Jason, Lana, and Mallow made it to the rooftop, which was not easy when you are taking the stairs. The trainers saw the Pokemon, and the Pokemon jumped into the arms of their trainers, even Rowlet!

"Huh, Rowlet, what's that on your neck?" (Name) asked. "Here, I'll take it off for you." With all her might, she pulled off the collar. Rowlet flapped its wings in freedom.

"Litten."

(Name) saw the Litten right there. Smiling, she asked, "Litten thanks for saving our Pokemon, and how's Stoutland doing?" Litten just gave a nod and jumped off.