26.

"I want to stay here until he wakes up."

"I'm afraid that's going to take a long time, he's on some pretty strong medication."

"I need to stay here. What if they take him away without me saying goodbye? He might get scared or worse, angry with me because i wasn't there."

I gently placed my hand on her knee. "That's not going to happen. Your dad is staying here until the medicine is out his system which will take all night. "

She ignored me as new tears fell down her face.

"Do you want me to contact your mom?"

It might be good for her to talk to someone she knew and felt comfortable with.

She shook her head. "There's no point, she's not my legal guardian anymore. Besides I'd rather go to a foster home than share a house with her."

"You're not going to a foster home."

She looked up with an confused look in her face. "What do you mean? "

"You're staying with me until your dad gets better. Unless you don't want to of course."

She started crying again. "Of course i want to. Thank you."

I hugged her in response.

"Shall we go home then?" I said as I broke the hug.

"Will we be back in the morning?"

I nodded. "Most definitely."

I texted Calum to tell that we were going home. The others where already home so i texted them to ask if they could make the guest room ready.

"I have to use the restroom." She said as she looked down at her hands, they still had her father's blood on them.

"Of course."

I surprised me that she was so calm about it. Most people would have freaked out but she didn't seem to care.

"This isn't the first time that I've my dad's blood on me." She said as we walked to the restroom. She explained to me when sbe read my confusion.

"I'm sorry. No one should have to go through that more than once."

I waited in the hallway as she washed her hands.

"I'm ready." She said once she came out.

I held her hand as i guided Olivia to my car. I had to adept my normal walking speed to hers because so was smaller and extremely tired.

Calum was already waiting infront of my car when we got there.

He joined Olivia on the backseat as i drove.

"Do you want to go by your house tonight to pick some stuff up?"I asked her drove away from the hospital.

"No" She said with a tired voice.

"Alright, we'll go some other time."

After a solid 15 minutes she still hadn't made sound.

I glanced to the backseat to see what was happening.

"She's asleep." Calum whispered to me.

I sighed relieved and focused back on the road. I just hoped that she wouldn't get any nightmares.

I parked the car in the driveway and opened the door for Calum.

I follwed Calum as he carefully carried Olivia to the guest bedroom and layed her down.

As i followed him out of the room i heard olivia turning around in bed.

"Luke?" She aksed with a raspy voice.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry that i lied to you. All of this could've been avoided if i just wasn't so stupid."

I walked back to her and sat down on the edge of the bed. "You weren't stupid, you did what you thought was right.

"I knew i wasn't right though. I ignored all the signs. My dad  even told me that we needed help."

I trew my arm around her and brought her close to my chest. "Some times there's no explanation for the things that we do. All we can do is hope for the best outcome. "

Olivia

I stayed quiet after he said that. I was too tired to process the words that he said.

"Goodnight, I'll see you in the morning." Luke said as he stood up.

I mumbled an goodnight back.

As soon as Luke closed that door i felt scared again. I didn't want to be alone right now but i was too scared to tell them that. I was already enough of a burden for them right now.

I layed on my back and stared at the ceiling until my mind finally gave into the tiredness of my body.

I woke up in a bathtub. I sat up as looked around. I was in my dad's bathroom.

But it wasn't water that was coming out, it was blood.

I screamed as jumped out of the tub. I needed to get out of here.

I ran to the door only to realise that it was locked.

I hit the door hoping that someone would open it for me.

The bathtub overflowed and the blood slowly started to move closer to me.

Just when it was about the hit me the door flew open. The suddenness of it made me fell forward.

I stood up to ran away but was stopped by something pulling my arm.

I turned around and was greeted by my dad. He looked the same when i found him.

"Dad?" I asked panicked as i fell the blood hit my feet.

"I'm sorry that I've failed you."

I shook my head with tears in my eyes. "No, no you haven't."

He nodded and let go of my arm.

I yelled for him as he was slowy swallowed by the blood.  I tried to pull him out but he was gone.

"Olivia! Wake up."  I suddenly heard.

I immediately sat up and was greeted by an concerned Luke.

Confused i look around the room. My mind still felt cloudy and stuck in that dream.

"You where screaming. Are you okay?"

"I..i..nightmare." was all that i could get ouf of my mouth.

He hugged me. "You're safe, you're dad is alright. Everything is going to be fine." He whispered in my ear.

He broke the hug but kept his hands around my arm.

"Are you okay?"

"I think that I'm too scared to be alone right now." I said as looked down. I didn't want to admit it.

He smiled and set down on the edge. "I'll stay with you."

I made room for him. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me. Goodnight."

I closed my eyes as i felt completely calm. "Goodnight."