CHAPTER TWENTY

Luke’s POV

I’ve been awake for 28 days. Four weeks. Four whole weeks I have been sitting in this hospital bed doing absolutely nothing.

Kiara comes by every single day and sometimes she stays the night. She, along with everyone else thinks that I’m still in a coma, when honestly; I was only in a coma for 2 weeks. My doctors are in on it so they know that I’m awake.

You may be wandering why I’m pretending to be in a coma. Well, I’m going to be in a coma until I hear Kiara say three words. Those three words are all I want to hear right now and there is nothing in the world that would make me happier than Kiara telling me that she loves me.

I think I have a chance with her, I mean; she comes in here almost every day and tells me how her relationship with Michael has been going and for the past few weeks, she has been saying that she doesn’t think she has made the right decision.

I have I had to fight off the urge of jumping up from my bed and kissing those plump lips of hers every time she says that. I just want her to be mine.

Why is life so unfair?

I need a way to win her heart back and I need to do it now.

I finally thought that it’s time for me to leave this hell hole and go and surprise Kiara.

I pressed the nurse button and called for a nurse to come in.

“Mr Hemmings, how may I be of your assistance?” my nurse, Lucy politely asked.

“I think I am ready to go home now” I stated, a serious expression plastered on my face.

“As you wish Mr Hemmings, I will just run a few more tests on you to make sure you’re good to go” she explained and I nodded.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Kiara’s POV

“C’mon Charlotte, don’t be so stubborn and tell me what you want to eat for lunch” I exclaimed. I watched as Charlotte continued running circles around the dining table, making my blood boil with frustration.

“Michael! Can you please come and control your soon-to-be step-daughter?” I yelled through the house.

“Why don’t you call Luke?” he spat angrily.

“C’mon Mikey! It’s been three days since our last argument. Don’t start another one over nothing!” I exclaimed.

“This isn’t ‘nothing’ Kiara! Don’t you get it? You pay more attention to Luke then you do to your own family!” he yelled at me, putting air quotes around nothing. I was about to reply but I was interrupted by a knock at the door.

“I’ll get that” I spat before walking off down the hall.

I opened the door and gasped.

“Oh my God, Luke!” I exclaimed as I engulfed him into a big hug.

“Jesus Kiara, I’ve missed you so much” he whispered into the crook of my neck.

“Wait” I said, pulling away from the hug.

“What?” Luke asked.

“How are you here? I was at the hospital yesterday and you were still sleeping” I replied.

“Kiara, I was only in a coma for a week. I just enjoyed your company and listening to you babble about anything and everything that I just didn’t have the urge to open my eyes” he explained and my expression turned from happy to mad.

“How could you do that to me Luke?” I shouted.

“Because I knew that if I was awake, you wouldn’t come and see me as often” he answered.

“Luke, I thought you were never going to wake up. You scared me and the guys” I whispered, pulling him back into a hug.

“The guys don’t care about me. They never came to visit me” he spat.

“I know Luke, I tried to urge Michael to go but he was too angry at you for some unknown reason” I sighed.

“Well maybe I should go and talk to him” he said.

“No! He’s really pissed right now, I wouldn’t” I pleaded.

“Why’s he pissed for?” he asked.

“Because I was at the hospital every day and he was stuck looking after Charlotte. He said that I spent too much time you with and not my fiancé” I explained and he sighed deeply.

“I miss you Kiara, come back to me” and with that, he walked down my driveway and disappeared down the road.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: i know this chapter was short and crappy but just bare with me, this chapter was just a filler so the next will be better, i promise. Much love <3 <3 <3 <3)