shunshin yeung

After that we continued our own practice and it was time for our next game against pupil murata east high school .

On our way inside stadium we could feel more expectations from the crowd .

Crowd - look, they are here . Seido highschool team is here..

Crowd- yea , look that's the monster rookie furuya satoru . Haha... I  look forward to his fastballs ..

Comments like these were heard from everywhere till we reached the bench. 

Our opponents this time were not that much different from the last ones in level . Again furuya started the game . This time he did well and didn't show that much signs of fatigue. I guessed that he must have started learning pace management from chris senpai after watching his pitching . We won 10 to 0 . The game was called off again after 5 innings .

My achievements in the game were .

3 at bats - I home run , 2 intentional walks .

We won rather easily and coach decided that it was best to watch the game in which our next opponent will be decided .

The match was won by akikawa academy baseball team . I was excited to final face a strong opponent like yeung shunshin.  While are team was awed was by his perfect control pitching ( clockwork ) which I admired from the anime , I was secretly wishing to God that i could pitch in the next game .

After watching the game, we came back to the training facilities and meeting was held to win the next game . In the meeting,  it was explained properly that shunshin used various corners of the strike zone to pitch with perfect control to strike out batters . The rest of the team was nothing special but their fielding was way better than our previous opponents.  After the meeting,  coach told us his plans .

Coach - everybody,  this type of pitcher is first class and there is no major weakness to take advantage of . To conquer this pitcher all you have to do is swing your bat like you do during practice and patiently create chances to score runs . The speed of his balls is somewhat slow than the other powerhouse pitchers  . Just swing your bat properly and have faith in your trained swings that you have  practice so much and swing your bat without any hesitation in it . ( smile ) runs will then automatically come  . Dont expect any loose balls from this pitcher . Is that clear

Everybody-  yes sir

Coach - good . Starting pitcher for our next game with akikawa academy will be Ken.  I have high expectations from you Ken.  Go make me proud .

Ken - yes sir ( smirk )

To be honest the rest of the meeting  I didn't pay any attention . I was too much excited for that . I could finally have my high school debut and explode the crowd .

During middle school I was not very famous or anything so I was sure that most of the crowd would not know my name . In middle school we only participated in the rubber ball national tournament and just went till regional finals ,so most of the crowd that never watched the tournament would never know me . I middle school there are senior tournaments in which the senior teams that practice with hard baseball play . So , most of people only paid attention to them as it was like prelude to high school baseball . If rei chan didn't watch our games patiently , there would be no chance for me joing seido high school with baseball scholarship.  After the meeting , I decided to thank REI chan again .

I found rei chan outside coaches office  and went to talk to her .

Ken - yo , the most beautiful REI chan  . Hahaha..  how're you doing .

Rei chan - ( frown ) how many times to I have you tell to stop that  casual way to talk Ken.  And yes I'm doing good .

Ken - ma.. ma.. dont be angry .I just wanted to thank you again formally to scout me personally even though nobody pays attention to rubber ball tournaments . ( embarrassed)

REI chan - moo.. how many times do you have to thank me . Forget it just remember our promise to take our team to koshien from before . Sigh.. go now .. I've plenty of work left .

I then left leaving happy rei chan to practice my pitching form . After that i went to see eijun and kanemaru as it was boring without that loudmouth.  We just talked about their progress and eijun s loud voice was really pleasant to hear . They just practiced with other leftover first string members and cheer us from home . These heartless , super jealous guys never came to cheer us from the stands like other members and practiced here secretly .

After talking for a while I went to a secluded spot that I found and practiced my swings till 11 PM and went to sleep .