TRYOUTS

when the exam decided , I watched the first player went inside the bullpen . After watching his performance I got the general idea of the exam .

We just go inside the bullpen . Talk with the catcher and throw balls .
Every pitch speed was recorded with the speed meter . If you are not deemed fast enough after 3 balls then you are out . If speed is at the passing level , then we throw all our pitch types 3 times each . Our score was decided on the spot by Clark.  The score board was right in the open and results were recorded by Clark after every pitchers turn.  The score was decided by adding Mark's of three main criteria

Control
Speed
Weight

Well , the exam was simple enough but was cruel for most of the players . It was so because their score was written on the board for everybody to see . I got to admit that it was a good tactic . All the pitchers knew the passing score required and the ones who failed knew the areas where they were lacking .

After some turns .

Carl - next Ken,  go inside

Carl POV

Well well this Asian looks like a teenager but they say that their looks change slower than us so I can be mistaken.  But his aura , I can feel it and his body looks like well trained .

Carl - Yosh , start

Oh such a perfect pitching form . Looks like I can expect good results from him .

After 3 pitches

Oh...

Carl - hey , speed,  speed.  Just tell me the max speed you idiot .

Man - sir ( trembling) its 98 miles ( 157 km per hour) wow ..

Carl - what ..

After a while

Carl - hey what was your name again yes Ken.  How many breaking balls can you throw ( excited ) .

Ken - sir . There is  curve , sinker , cutter , slider , fork and change up . Yes that's all .

What a  monster , hahahaha... such a gem . Hahaha.. what a find .  Cough cough lets see his score and then decide . Hmm hmm let's do that but with just his fastball alone he can go to any AAA team .

Carl - continue

Ken - ok

Normal POV

After I threw 3 balls for every breaking ball in my arsenal with full focus .

After a while

Carl - Ken score 100 + ( dumbfounded)

I was happy with the results and went out . I saw the dumbfounded expressions of the players  and coaches . To be honest it was satisfying .

Ken - sir my placement

Carl - ah .. yes yes . Hmm... wait for a while there . We will discuss your results with head coach first . 

Ken - sir , can I go to the batting exam field. 

Carl - you you ... sigh go now.  I won't be surprised by anything anymore . Hahahaha..

Then Carl went to the camp of major leaguers and I went for the batting exam .

I reached the site quickly and saw that it was not started yet.  I just waited for my turn quietly. After half an hour my turn came and I went inside the field. 

The exam process was simple like the pitching exam . We just had to choose the speed machines that threw the balls at various courses like the fastball and breaking balls . We just had to hit all types of balls 3 times each and our score would be written on the open board for everybody to  see. 

It was simple so I just decided to go with 160 max speed one surprising everyone.  All others started with their comfortable speed for best score.  Well I ignored them because they didn't know that my most comfortable speed was actually 160 max . I practiced 2 last years of my high school with machines like thses Haha.. 

I just sent every ball flying over the fence and went out without looking at my score . The same thing happened and the coach told me to wait for a while till he discusses my results with head coach . I just went to a restaurant outside to eat after telling the receptionist and decided to come back an hour later .

While I was stuffing my mouth with extra large hamburgers,  inside the head coachs office. 

Kean ( batting coach ) - huh Carl what're you doing here .

Carl - hmm .. hahaha.. I just found a gem and decided to discuss with head coach his placement. 

Kean - hahaha.. the truth is I'm the same. 

Head coach - what're you two doing here .

After about an hour .

Head coach - hahshahaha... looking at your reports ,, this rookie must be really good . Good good . Hahahaha.. looks like this time tryout was a success . By the way , the person in both your reports is the same one . Hahaha... looks like I will have to test him first .. hshaha.. I'm looking forward to meet this guy . Ken yeah that's his name .

After eating my full , I came back  and was told that my results were not out yet . I was impatient now because I wanted to exercise after going to my apartment after eating so much . So I went to ask Carl. 

Ken - Carl

Carl - hi Ken,  hahaha . . Looks like you are quite an impatient guy . Dont make such a scary face now.  The head coach decided to test you himself after he is free in the evening so you have to wait for a while .

I was surprised and went for running till the evening . I was looking forward to see the man who managed such a powerhouse major league team .

While running , time passed . It was 4 30 PM now so I went back to not be late .