Chapter 14

Brandy

"You coming to my birthday party right?" I stopped and stared at Yolanda. I was so wrapped up in my own problems that I forgot about the people around me. I completely forgot about her birthday. It's been a few days since Racheal call herself attacking me. I brushed it off. I didnt have time for that and of course she went home and told Yolanda about it but that didnt hurt our friendship not one bit. Yolanda was a true friend. A real friend. She didnt let people negative words about me determine how she was going to act towards me. I fucks with her more hard body because of that.

"Nancy gone be there?"

"You know she is." She said as she went back to pounding on the punching bag. I let out a deep breath. I still wasnt ready to see that woman. "You not gone stand me up because your ex is coming right?" I smiled.

"Can we say peer pressure." I went back to pounding on my own bag. I begin working out even more. Mainly as a stress reliever. It worked a little.

"No pressure at all. Just would like to see you there."

"I'm coming girl dont worry. But once its starts becoming too much you know I'm leaving."

"That's cool. I'm just glad your coming."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. I cant wait for you to meet my girl Bonnie. She'll make another great workout partner."

"She gay?" She asked as she continued to work on that bag.

"No shes not gay. Although she does have that hard core demeanor about her. She just dont take no shit."

"Sound like my kind of girl."

"Shes cool. She said she was coming to stay with me months ago and still haven't made her way here. In fact I havent talked to her in a while." I made note to call her once i was finished working out.

After the gym I made my way to Jocelyns house. I felt it was time to get my own place. I didnt want to over stay my welcome at her place. After hoping in the shower I made both of us an early dinner. I was already in bed by the time she got home. I'm a light sleeper so I felt as the bed dipped when weight was on it. I shot up.

"Hey. It's me. Relax." I forced my eyes to focus then relaxed when I seen that it was Jocelyn.

"Dont scare me like that." I said as I flopped back on the bed trying to clam my pounding heart.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to thank you for cooking dinner."

"No problem at all. I need to do it more often. Because you know ya girl can throw down." She chuckled.

"I see. Well thank you again." She was about to slid off the bed when I grabbed her arm.

"You know you could have thanked me in the morning." I said with a smirk.

"I wanted to do it now."

"Why?"

"Because I may be gone before you even get up."

"Early clients?"

"You know it."

"You always wanted to be a psychiatrist?"

"Not always. But seeing my mom go through depression and bipolar without the proper medication to help her cope made me want to go into some form of medical field where I felt I would be helping people just like her. I refused to become a medical doctor though. So this was my next best bet in my opinion."