Chapter 24

Nancy

I haven't seen Brandy in a week and she hasn't called me to check on me. I thought things were getting back to normal but I guess I couldn't be too surprised that it wasn't though. I knew this was all my fault and at this point I didn't know what to do. Needing to get some air I made my way to the mall. I was there no more then ten minutes when I spotted Brandy. She was eating. And she wasn't alone. My heart stopped when I recognized the person. It was the woman she use to stay with. Why where they together? But instead of getting angry like I tended to do I went on with my day. I couldn't continue to cry over the same thing. I had to move on. I was surprised when I got a call from Brandy.

"Hello?"

"What are you up to?"

"Doing a little shopping. What about you?"

"You're in the mall?"

"Ah yeah."

"So am I. What store are you in?" I gave her my destination and hung up and continued my shopping. She met up with me five minutes later. I gave a soft smile as I scanned around for the woman she was with but she was alone. She smiled brightly and gave me a soft kiss once she got in front of me.

"How long have you been here?" She asked.

"Just got here not too long ago." I went back to shopping.

"I haven't seen you in a while."

"Well I tend to stay away from places I'm not wanted." I said and she sighed.

"I want you with me Nancy. But I do have to admit that I needed a brake."

"Hope you enjoyed it."

"Not as much as you think."

"Um." I said as I continued to look around. She was making me forget what I was here for.

"Are you coming over tonight?"

"You want to be bothered with me now?"

"I just said that I needed a brake."

"After all them months of being separated from each other wasn't enough huh?"

"Nancy. Are you coming or not?" I sighed.

"Probably not."

"Can you look at me and tell me why?" Taking a deep breath I turned to face her.

"You no longer love me. The thought of you being interested in another woman pains me. And I can't say anything about it because of what I done to you. So..." I paused before continuing. "I'll let you go if that makes you happy. I can't keep chasing someone who doesn't want to be with me."

"And you came up with this conclusion how?"

"That woman you use to live with was here with you."

"You seen us?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you come say hi?"