44.

Rudy could not sleep, every time he shut his eyes, they would fly open and stare right at the jeans pocket the ring was in. Was he in over his head with this? No, he was fine he needed to calm down because Nova was catching onto his weird behaviors.

"So where do we want to eat today?" Nova asked as they walked down the street hand-in-hand.

"I made reservations," Rudy replied.

"Oh reservations, we're fancy fancy now," Nova joked.

"Hey, sometimes I'm not a beach bum," Rudy laughed, moving her hand above them and spinning her around, he loved doing that and he didn't know why.

"So where are we going?" Nova asked.

"Back to the hotel to change and then get dinner," Rudy replied.

"Oh is it actually fancy?" Nova asked.

"Kind of, we definitely can't roll up wearing jean shorts and whatever I'm wearing," Rudy joked.

"You've made my birthday seriously so amazing," Nova smiled as they approached the hotel.

"I just know that you deserve the entire world," Rudy replied, holding the heavy door open for her.

"I'm happy as long as my world has you in it," Nova said casually, making Rudy's heart soar. 

Rudy checked his phone, everyone had gotten to the spot a few minutes ago, they were just waiting on Nova and Rudy. "So how fancy does this have to be?" Nova asked. "Like should I put heels on?"

"Only if it's comfortable to you," Rudy replied, putting on a white shirt and a blue suit. He already checked a million times, but he reached his hand into his pocket to make sure the ring was in there, it was tucked away in the pocket still.

Nova walked out in a simple black dress and a leather jacket of Rudy's draped over her shoulders. Rudy smiled, "You look stunning."

"You look pretty great yourself," she complimented, checking him out in his suit.

"Happy birthday, Nova," he pulled her into him, kissing her sweetly.

"Thank you again," Nova replied, Rudy had said it about a million times today.

Over at the spot everyone had been designated to go to, they were all gathered around, talking about what was about to go down.

"I can't believe this," Sarah said gleefully.

Austin smiled at his girlfriend, "It's going to be straight up magical."

"If they ever get here," Shawn sighed.

"Is he going to tell us when they are here so we can go to our hiding places?" Bailey questioned.

"Yeah, he's going to text the group we made right before they left," Drew answered.

"I swear to god if I'm not in the wedding, I'm throwing hands," Cline joked.

"You will be, we all will be," Jordyn pointed out.

"They're here," Shawn said and they scattered like flies, making sure they couldn't be seen.

"Nova is the slowest eater ever, I'm going to die," Shawn complained, he was crouched behind the tall grass near the water.

"Shut up," Ana smacked his chest lightly.

As Rudy and Nova were taken to the spot he reserved, Nova nearly fell over. A beautiful table covered with a canopy looking out at the sea was in front of them, candles in the shape of a heart in front of the tables illuminated the space around them. "This is all for my birthday?" Nova couldn't wipe them smile off of her face.