6.

"Rudy," Nova whispered, leaning closer to him, they both fell asleep in the roof, she was wondering how they didn't fall, the roof didn't come to a complete peak though. His arm was lazily draped around her.

"Rudy," she shook him a little harder.

He groaned and barely opened his eyes, he grinned and looked at her, "Hey Nova."

"Good morning," she replied quietly.

"The sun here is just something else," Rudy mumbled, his voice was hoarse and it was extremely distracting to Nova.

"You're right," she wrapped a blanket around her, pulling her knees up.

"They're all probably wondering where we went," Rudy sighed as he watched the sun break the line in the ocean.

"Wanna make them wonder even more and go get breakfast?" Nova asked, it was her favorite meal of the day.

His face broke out into a wide smile, "Absolutely. There's a place called Village that I love, if you'd like to go there?"

She nodded, "Yes."

"Come on," he carefully stood up and held a hand out to her.

"So I know you're worried about surfing, you will have a stunt double to do the surfing and stuff like that for you, if you want,
but I'm still going to teach you today, you can swim?"

She nodded, "Yeah well enough to save myself."

"Don't worry, we won't let anything happen. Surfing is fun, you'll get the hang of it."

"I don't know if you know this, but I'm a walking accident," Nova laughed.

"Oh I've caught on, but you'll be okay, I promise," he pulled his hand from his pocket and opened the restaurant door for her.

"Thank you," she walked in.

The place was very retro themed and Nova was living for it, they were told to pick a table. Rudy studied her as she watched the ocean from their booth.

"What are you thinking about?" Rudy asked, playing with a straw wrapper.

"This is insane to me," Nova answered. "Like, I literally got dragged out from my last job by Sarah and I was worried and now I just...feel like this changed my life."

"That's how we all felt when we got cast and the show blew up. Like, I went from a few thousand followers to three million, it was wild. That's why we were worried Riley was going to tank this for us."

"I can understand the resentment if that happened. I just, I've always wanted to do something like this and I never knew how, I just feel so unreal."

"Somethings are meant to be," Rudy answered.

"I guess you're right," Nova smiled, taking a menu. "So do I want sweet breakfast or not sweet?"

"I want both," Rudy said, scanning the menu as if he didn't know he was getting the cinnamon roll French toast with an unhealthy amount of bacon.

"Same, I'm thinking waffles, they are top tier," she scanned through the menu.

Just then, their cellphones both began to ring. "I'm surprised these are still charged," Rudy said, glancing at his phone, it was JD.

"Hello?" Rudy answered, putting it on speaker as Nova did the same, it was Sarah.

"Where did you two disappear to?" Sarah questioned.

"What Sarah said. I'm hanging up," JD laughed.

"We're getting breakfast," Rudy answered.

"All night?" Chase added.