18.

Nova felt sick and this time, it wasn't her being dramatic. She was on a boat, about to film a scene when she realized her dilemma. She didn't like ledges or standing close to them, it made her anxiety go from zero to a million in a matter of seconds.

In this scene, she had to stand on the edge of a boat in a storm, she felt her hands tremble and her spine twisted, she felt like she was in a horror movie or a bad dream that wouldn't end.

"What's going on with Nova?" Austin asked Sarah as they watched the scene.

"Shit, she's afraid of ledges and leaning over them," Sarah stood up. Shawn was already tapping his foot as he watched his sister, scared for her.

Jonas yelled action and Nova was trembling. She knew it was all a mental game and she just had to shoot the scene and she would be done. She figured it was the mixture of the heavy storm they were in on top of the news she got last night that made her feel worse.

"Whenever you're ready, Nova," Jonas yelled.

"T-thanks," she stuttered.

Rudy looked up at her on the edge of the boat, she mentioned back when they shot their first scene that she didn't like ledges when she was on the ladder, but he understood why this would scare her more.

"Nova, are you okay?" Rudy yelled.

"Yeah, just give me a moment," she yelled down.

She stood on the edge for a few more minutes she knew that Jonas, her friends, and her brother wouldn't let anything happen to her. She shut her eyes tight and nodded, the fake storm came down harder and Jonas yelled action. They acted the scene out, it was very intense and very tiring, they shot it a few times and each time was a little easier for Nova. When Jonas finally yelled cut, she was ushered down quickly while Rudy was taken to makeup.

"Are you okay?" Bailey hugged Nova with a towel around them.

"Yeah, I was just scared. I don't know why, it's a stupid phobia," Nova explained, clenching her fists.

"It's not stupid," Drew defended. "You can be afraid of anything you want."

"Let's go watch Rudy's next scene," Morgan offered her hand to Nova.

Her heart rate had gone down since filming the boat scene, she still felt a little on edge. She had no idea that the next scene would send her over the edge.

"Dad!" JJ yelled.

His dad turned and started to beat JJ, screaming at him. "You little fuck up!"

Nova knew it was fake, she knew that they were acting, but something about her own anxieties from her own last scene, the current situation with Rudy, and what was going on in front of her made her panic. "I-I have to go," she said, picking her things up and rushing away to the nearest office that would be vacant.

Rudy noticed that she ran off, even if he was filming, he went through the rest of the scene with Luke all while their friends were scared for Nova. When Jonas yelled that the scene was done, Rudy approached his friends. He noticed that Evie was making a joke about Nova and he got upset.

"You know she went through this stuff too, just like you, right?" He snapped.

"Okay? You don't see me running and crying?" Evie asked.

"Well maybe because the things that happened just now in front of us happen to real people," Chase pointed out.

"And they don't lie about it," Sarah added, throwing as much attitude to Evie as possible.