𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗽𝘁.𝟭

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"Shall I call my guards on you?" I hiss, and she glances over, a contemplating look on her face. Like I'm some strange relic that suddenly appeared in front of her.

"I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic. . . Crowley knows you're wealthy enough to have an army,"  she says, and I'm a little surprised because she never throws my money in my face. But I take it in stride.

"Rejection leave you sore much?" I whisper under my breath, loud enough for her to hear. Another pinch—running out of comebacks,
now are we?

"I didn't say a word!" I insist with raised brows and a small smile. She turns away, refusing to let go of me. Bunce gets agitated as easily as Snow. And maybe that's what I'm trying to do. Finding a replacement for Snow, finding comfort in their similarity.

"Penelope," I try again, because irritating her is very amusing, "it does occur to you that I am a vampire right? And a mage? Quite ballsy of you to grab at me." I remark, smirking. And Bunce turns to face me. I quite admire her for being so brave. Stupidly brave though, especially for someone next to a vampire.

"And what's that to me, Basil?" A raised brow, and brown eyes throwing daggers. I see why Snow follows her like a lost puppy now. See why she tags along on every mission. Isn't she positively lovely: a strong-willed, fierce magician who stands her ground. But her heart speeds up. Ha, she is definitely unnerved.

Penelope's POV

Is he trying to distract me?
Or himself?

Baz's POV

"Excluding perhaps your apple-cheeked prodigy," I continue, "and his strange ball of nothingness vanilla-villain, I am the most powerful creature you know." I really can't say his name, can I? It still feels like a knife to my heart.

"Did you just call the Humdrum vanilla?" She flashes me a baffled grin. I'm grateful she ignored my comment about Sim—her best friend. My roommate. My nemesis. Fuck, I'm not even worthy of being his villain.

"The Insidious Humdrum." I spit out, voice dripping with disdain, "Sounds like an ice cream flavor. Or a puppy dressed for Halloween. Perhaps even a My Little Pony character. How terrifying." I say whispering with narrowed eyes, as if we're in grave danger. She chuckles at that, and shoots me a questioning glance at the show reference.

"Mordelia and the twins, they're my younger siblings—step siblings." I clarify, "And Mordelia's obsessed with My Little Pony." Penelope's grin widens.

"I feel your pain, Priya and Pip would watch it constantly in my room!" Anger flashes in her eyes, and I snicker.

"Ah, siblings. Such a burden on our existence!" I earn another laugh at my dramatic sigh. Her expression changes to one of curiosity.

"Who's your favorite character?" She asks hesitantly. Like maybe she's scared I'm judging her, or maybe she will be judging me.

"Stubborn-Rainbow-hair," I say easily, "definitely her, she's a gay-pride sign on four legs," A crooked grin settles on my lips, and for a minute it feels so easy. Easy to smile, and just have fun. So I hang on to it. And Penny laughs. And she only ever stops to breathe or speak.

"She truly believes unicorns are capable of more than just small talk because of that inane Normal show!" I continue, almost as passionate about Mordelia's idiocy as Snow's. Except he's much older—he doesn't have an excuse for being painfully moronic.

"Honestly, they aren't good for much. They taste delicious though, like lavender." I remark. And Penelope has the most bewildered, blown-wide, brown eyes right now.

Penelope's POV

"Mordelia gave me the same look," Baz cackles, watching my jaw drop as I learn he's drank unicorn blood.

"You hunted a unicorn!?" I whisper-shout, trying to prevent the rest of Watford learning of his impeding evil. How could he even? I'm surprised he isn't stabbed by the horn!

"No, bought. Sustainably farmed," the unicorn-hunting-bastard smirks. Of course.

"Crowley, you are such a spoiled princess." I groan. It surprises me how much fun I'm having spending time with Baz.
            I didn't know he had little siblings. I didn't know there was some part of our lives that could be so similar. Especially at home. Considering I live in a crowded house, full of family and noise and cluster; and Baz lives in a mansion in the middle of nowhere in Hampshire, probably secluded in his room.
            Laughing with him now, I nearly forget how torn up he's really feeling underneath the perfect smile.

Baz's POV

I suddenly remember how Snow would love to compare me to Disney princesses, the last conversation went like:

"You even have a wicked stepmother and evil stepsisters!"
"Snow, you've met Daphne. She's perfectly lovely. As for Mordelia and the twins. . . . Besides if I were a princess I'd bloody well have a Prince Charming." He had waggled his blond brows at that.
"You're neither a prince nor charming, love. You're an absolute fucking nightmare," I had said, smiling against his pouting pink lips.
            All of our conversations lead to our lips pressed together, our arms around each other.

Penny starts speaking again, "You are aware though that the Humdrum could summon you straight into his vanilla-world and drain you of your magick, right?" She laughs walking across the lush, green expanse.

"Ah, Bunce. I'm a vampire. I would still be one of the strongest creatures you know."

Her grip on my wrist gets a little torturous. I try jerking it away but when she holds tight I give up, out of exhaustion, because I'm pretty sure I would snap her arm off with ease if I attempted once more. And I don't want to risk hurting her.
            I follow her out onto the Pitch. Across it. She finally drops my wrist, but before I could relax she tugs on my sleeve. Lovely. We're roaming the Wavering Wood for some reason and. . . Memories of my first kiss with Simon start flooding into my vision.
             Plump pink lips crashing into mine, knocking me into the ground. Blood, dirt and Merlin knows what else was covering us—but nothing could keep Simon's mouth off mine in that moment. He lunged at me, fisting his hands in my hair, and kissing me so hard I saw stars. He would not let go. Would not ease his clasp. His body had tangled into mine and he held onto me like I was a lifeline, and he was falling over the edge of a mountain. Wild horses couldn't drag him back.
             I blink away the memory. Sparks. . . Kissing the Chosen One felt like sparks. Like drawing on electricity, magick, and fire. Like drawing on an explosive love. I felt alive then. I felt like I shared Simon Snow's entrancing aliveness. Shared the glory.
              Bunce tugs me forward with a sympathetic smile on her face, and a strange glint in her eyes. I'm too tired to make much of it. I don't really care, so we continue walking. Suddenly though I pick up on a strange scent.

Penelope's POV

Baz's head shoots up. A sharp focus stitching his dark brows together, nostrils flared. He stops dead in his tracks, and jerks me towards him using the hand I have gripped his sleeve with.

"Baz—" I start, and he covers my mouth with a strong hand. Too tight, I can't breathe. I pinch a little and his grip loosens but his eyes are still looking into the distance. What the fuck is he looking at?

Breathless...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें