𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿?

i love that Simon realizes how he feels about Baz, I'd love it if you voted!!

Please check out my new poetry book, and snowbaz one-shots <3

Simon's POV

Baz always wakes up after me, and I love it. Not because I can avoid him, I love it because I can stare at him lying on me. I can feel his soft breathing on my chest, I can feel his hair everywhere, and I can feel his entire beautiful, cold body tangled with mine. I can feel Baz. And I love it. I can't resist the urge to kiss his carefree, sleeping face, but I try to avoid his mouth because I know Baz has never kissed anyone. I want his first kiss to be special (I may have already pecked his mouth, but he was asleep and didn't register it so it doesn't count. It was a moment of weakness, okay?!). So I kiss his cheek, I kiss his forehead, I kiss his throat. . .

                  I could drown in that scent. And I would not complain.

                  Eventually, he stirs. Smoldering grey eyes looking up at me, confused, and I think he's a little shocked. I chuckle and he seems to remember last night.

                  Anyway, I sneak off and change into Baz's shirt again except I don't think he notices, and he does my tie since I'm kind of . . . "a great thumping idiot"? Directly quoted, trademark Baz the Vampire. A smile plays on my lips.

                  He tells me he'll be at the dining  hall soon and pushes me out of the room, laughing. Have I ever mentioned that Baz has such a light, breathy laugh? When he laughs the entire world melts away, it's like he has no care at all. Those pretty, pink lips hug his gleaming teeth and his eyes light up. Like, physically turn a lighter shade of grey—I swear to Merlin.

                 Reaching the dining hall, I immediately dart for Penny's table, the smell of scones wafting towards me, practically making me float. I can't wait to devour all those scones, and tell her about my night with Baz. I thought I'd want to hide it, fearing her judgment, but then I realized that she's Penny. She prolly knew I was in love with the git, and refused to say anything at all. Plus, now I actually really want to scream "I'm in love with Bazzy !!" At the top of my lungs right here.

"Hello, Simon. " a sweet, feminine voice greets, gently tucking her striking blond hair behind her ear. Agatha. . . and she's right next to Penelope. Crowley, I was so excited, my heart racing, with thoughts about Baz rushing round, flooding my mind leaving me so floaty and airy, that I didn't even notice. . . don't even realize. . . I completely forgot about her. Shit. Oh, shit.

               " Umm, Hi, Agatha. . . how was your um y'know—you were. . . not here, obviously, but umm" I'm a guilt-ridden stuttering mess and trying to force a smile at the same time. Smiling isn't too hard when I remember holding Baz last night, but then more guilt floods in.

               "I'm good, Simon, thank you for asking ." She smiles politely and I graciously accept her help. It feels a bit odd. . . how I don't even feel comfortable with my girlfriend of three years. Okay, so we were twelve when we decided to get together, but back then it all made sense. Her and I were going to be a dream. We were gonna live the 'happily ever after'. But soon it hits me that we're too formal, and she's too polite. We're not real around each other. We're not ourselves. . . never have been. And maybe, just maybe. . . we were only together cuz that's what everyone expected of us.

                 As I slump in my seat, realizing I won't be able to blabber about Baz, Penny puts a hand on my knee, under the table, giving it a squeeze while talking to Agatha about her new blue hair-dye, Penny liked the purple more but she likes switching it up every month. Her hair always look really cool.