𝗦𝗰𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗹𝘀, 𝗜𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗘𝗴𝗼𝘀

Please vote and comment!

Baz's POV

Of course, it's the Mage. We all expected this— 'all' being me and Simon. Bunce has no clue what happen; no clue what he walked in on.

I think Simon planned on telling her the next time we all met, but she decided it would be a wise idea to blame me for making Si cry. Yes, Bunce, I—the one who literally puts Snow to sleep— am the reason he's in tears. Crowley! I mean, I would understand if this were still fourth year or something, but it's not. I'm Simon's boyfriend, I spend nearly every living hour with him—kissing him, for Merlin's sake!

I don't know why I'm so upset. Maybe I thought that she knew me better. . . Or that she thought better of me. Honestly, I'm hurt. Penelope is—was— my only friend. True friend. . . Niall and Dev (Yes, the same Dev who still doesn't know that Snow and I are dating) are great but, it was Penelope that I trusted the most. I'm just. . Hurt that she'd think I would treat Snow with anything but love.

Snatching the scroll from Simon, and resting on my elbows, I actually read through the Mage's letter of sorts. That piece of shit. .

         I feel Simon's smoky magick bubble around me in a strange translucent barrier. I don't think he meant to do that. Or that he knows it happened. . Or that he was the cause. His brows are furrowed and even through blinding rage, his blue eyes pierce through me. They glisten in worry, and his pink lip quivers.

"Love, it's okay," I whisper, caressing his face gently. His eyes are bloodshot, and his nose is rosy. "Shh, it's alright," I tell him, pulling him closer and closer, until he's in my lap. His arms come to rest loosely around my waist, and I lay my chin on his head. His sniffling echoes in my eardrums. Vampire-hearing.

Glancing up, I see Penelope staring at the olden paper with urgency. Regret flashes in her intense brown eyes as they meet mine and I nearly roll my eyes. That isn't a good enough apology. But I can feel Simon raising his head to fix his powerful gaze on me. . In her defense. I wouldn't be surprised if he chirped the same claim as Penelope by now, simply to support his oldest and only real friend. Pulling away from my embrace, he flashes me a look of impatience. I'm not losing this one without a fight.

1. . .

Wide blue eyes somehow aggressively plead me to obey.

2. . . .

His eyes narrow until they are just slivers of blue. The brightest, most blinding blue commands that I step down.

3. .

His caramel colored brows narrow and the blue in his eyes is once again visible. And it's sick of my attitude. He purses his plump pink lips in irritation. . . It's evoking lustful stares from me. He notices and threatens, "Bazzy." I crumble under his deadly expression. (I know he just likes being in power when it comes to me. Quite the top, I muse, smiling to myself. Maybe even a future dom. .)

His nose looks really cute like this, so I rise a little to flutter a kiss on it and hand over the scroll at the same time. He ignores my smirk and lays my head back on his thigh, petting my hair softly. It's a struggle to hold in my (only partly humorous) desire to purr. I lay comfortably, while he tries to explain the entire situation to Bunce, interjecting every few minutes when he misses a rather significant point, or messes it up (mostly successful in avoiding rolling my eyes).

"And ever since he said that to Simon, we haven't seen him." I finish—still hissing, angered about having to communicate with Bunce. (If I'm not going to be the fabulous drama queen, who ever will?) Then Simon finally hands over the scroll.

Penelope's POV

I take the scroll when Simon holds it out. His anger at what I said about Baz lingers but isn't as evident; it only shows in the occasional narrowed eyes, whereas Baz is openly scowling at me, and with good reason.

Ignoring the looks I'm receiving from both the vampire and Simon (who's magick is potent in the air right now, signaling his agitation), I proceed to lift the aged paper at an angle where the sunlight catches, making the words materialize.

It's a list of instructions. For a mission. I recognize the scrolls the Mage has always sent for missions; Simon and I used to solve all of them together.

And the Mage has the audacity to send this, after telling Simon that he's "lucky" he hasn't been kicked out of Watford.

Simon's POV

I'm sure it's not that bad. I mean. . It's only a mission.

Bazzy sees my thoughts on my face. . . He always does. After all these years of sharing a room, we know each other better than we know ourselves. I know his eyes better than my own. I know his face better than my own. I just wish I knew his heart, too. That maybe he wouldn't be so guarded sometimes. But that's. . A part of his heart, isn't it?

Baz's POV

Simon looks torn. Perplexed emotions splayed everywhere. An eyebrow is raised in confusion, and his face is scrunched up. His mouth remains hanging open. (Mouth-breather, so it isn't much out of shock.) But his dulling blue eyes dart around. I just want to hold him still when he's like this. Kiss the life back into him. If we were alone, maybe I would.

And tear the Mage's throat out with my own fucking fangs. Or burn him alive with flames that ignite in my own hands. He deserves hell for hurting Simon like this. Simon's so. . Pure. And young. He should never have been given all the responsibility the Mage tossed his way. And it feels like it would be avenging my mother as well, doing her justice. . . since he took over the title of head master, when it is clear that he doesn't deserve it. I'm aware it doesn't make much sense, but I sense something right. .

Penelope's POV

It's a regular goblin case. As if nothing has changed. As if he never said. . . the Mage just can't handle shit himself, now can he? He never has before.

Suddenly, everything Baz has ever said about him seems to be true.

Baz's POV

The Mage is a manipulative cunt, who's only using Simon to keep his influence and power.

He's been using a child to fight all his battles, quite literally.

Simon's only a prophecy to him. Only the 'Chosen One', and a broken one at that. But he's only a boy. .

Simon's POV

Isn't this what being the 'Chosen One' is?

Isn't this my duty?

Isn't this the only reason I'm alive, and the reason I'm attending Watford?

Baz's POV

And the worst part is. . . The boy he's been using is so young and thoroughly brainwashed—that he doesn't even realize he's a person. A person separate from the identity and title that the Mage has created for him.

He doesn't even realize that there's a choice. There's a 'no'.

Penelope's POV

I'm not so sure Simon has the choice to escape this. . .

Simon's POV

This is my fated destiny. . .

And so, out of mourning, I caress Baz's cheek. I know the gesture will signal him to get up. And he does sit up, pressing his lips to mine sweetly. As if his kisses could heal me. And I smile against his rough lips, at the thought. I can feel that he's been biting his lip again. So he's been an anxious mess, too?