19: The last battle

I sprinted my way to the Cair Paravel, not bothered by all the things I had bumped...and trashed. Hey war was coming, I don't care about anything other than reporting to the majesties what had just happened.

Especially Ed.

As I came into the clearing, I saw Edmund and Peter were sword fighting. Well, at least someone was feeling better.

I really didn't want to break the bonding moment but this was an urgent matter.

"Edmund!" Okay that sounded a little british like.

He turned to look at me. For a glimpse there, I think I saw a bit of shock...but instantly replaced by a huge grin.

As for Peter, he gazed at me than nodded to his brother for the approval of dismissing their training. Immediately Edmund paced his pace towards me.

"What is it fair maiden?" He casually asked, smiling at me. How I love that smile. Snap it Wilma! War remember?!

Oh yeah.

"I saw my ex best friend just now by the beach," I blurted in between breath. Once again, his expression changed.

"Did she hurt you?" His hands flung to my side and gripped my shoulders gently while he carefully observe me.

I shook my head in response.

The next thing I know, he was already hugging me. It was too quick. I tensed at his touch but relaxed as soon as he released me.

"You got me worried there," He uttered. A hint of genuine concern was written on his face.

"I'm sorry," I uttered as I gazed at his handsome feature. "B-u-t t-her-e is s-ome ba-d n-ews," I stattured.

"What is it?" His husky voice spoke.

"War is coming," I muttered, almost unaudible.

He nodded.

"We have to tell the others,"

Black clouds started to gathered in between the horizon. We had already told the others, and everyone was now prepared with their weapons and shiled. Narnians were wearing their war clothes. I was wearing one too. It was Susan's but she insisted

me to wear it.

Gulp.

What mess had I put myself into?

"Aslan. I really hope you could show yourself any minute now," I muttered on between breath. Lucy turned to face me with her worried look. She had managed to pull a small smile before she assured me.

"He will come. Have faith,"

I mouthed a 'Thank you' and smiled back before turning my attention to the clearing ahead of us. It was like The Lion, The witch and The wardorbe all over again. We were in the same place where the war in the movie took place.

I could see an army of animals and a lot more on the other side. Three people were leading. One was Elvie who was wearing her cloak the other day and one was...oh my god!

Cat.

She was wearing a coral black cloak. So I was right. She was a witch.

...and the other person was...

I felt like a lighting bolt had just hit me on the heart.

Brent.

Don't worry Brent. I promise we will save you. Pinky promise.