13: Wake up!

"Wake up Mya Wake up!" A familiar  raspy voice spoke. Someone was shaking me. My eyes fluttered open and saw a new version of Brent, who's face showed mixed emotions but mostly fear... and was sweating non-stop. Why was he sweating anyway?

"Hurry! get up!" He uttered a little too urgetly. "why?" I asked, confused. I was now wide awake. "No time!"

"Get up! Quick!" he commanded, a hint of fear were in his eyes. My instinct instantly kicked in and I got up immediately. He dragged me near a bush and we silently hid ourselves. I turned to him, my face obviously showed some question marks because the next thing I know, he pointed at something in front of us and mouthed 'look'. My eyes followed his index finger and what I saw was really shocking...two huge black figured birds were trashing our stuff, tearing everything into pieces. I let out a gasp but immediately covered my mouth.

"Ravens," Brent uttered between breathe.

"Wake up My," Brent spoke, waking me up. My nose felt ticklish all of a sudden. My eyes slowly fluttered open as the tickling continued. What I saw was a long thin pencil like green thing in Brent's large hand. As I focused my eye sight,I come to realize it was actually grass.

"Good. You're awake," Brent bluntly said. My eyes shifted to where he was. He was sitting in a squat position beside me, wearing his usual mask of boredness.

Once again he was back to the old Brent.

"What?" I snapped, looking back at him. "You should probably wake up now, We still have a long journey ahead of us,"

Then, the memory of last night hit me hard. It abruptly flooded back into my mind. I was curious. What did happened last night?

"What happened last night?" I asked, eying Brent as he was still gazing at the thin grass that he held in between his index finger  and his tumb. I wanted explanation. But it seems Brent wasn't going to tolerate and give some. I sighed as I looked around of my surroundings. We were surrounded by bushes. I don't seem to recongize what kind of bushes but the only thing I know was that they smelt nice. I probably smelt nice too.

Maybe...Brent smells nice to--Earth to Wilma! don't even think about it.

I let out a sigh.

Brent finally turned to face me. But to my not surprise self...the only response he gave was arching one of his brow and shurgged.

Just like what I had thought. His ego was as high as Mount Everest. It was lucky of him I didn't have a camera last night.

"What an asshole!" I mentally screamed. My brows were knitted into a knot as I glared at him. If I were a cartoon character, I bet fumes were coming out of my ears this instant.

Okay. Get the hold of yourself Wilma!

I took a deep breath before bashing him with my uncountable questions.

"Why are you so calm even after what'd happened last night? What did they want from us? Why did you even came for me? did we slept together last night? Oh my gosh! did you touch me? " I stopped to take some breath before continuing to question him. "Why are we still sitting he--" He cut me off before I could finish. "Just shut up!" he sneered, glaring at me. He was obviously annoyed, but to his ignorence, I was more annoyed being here, stuck with the least person I wanted to be trapped with in this magical land. I let out another sigh. There was no point of arguing.

I took a guick glance to see Brent was letting out a sigh as well. "The important thing is, we're still alive," he uttered. "We should probably get going now," with that he stood up and walked towards the remaining of our campsite.

Happy New Year Everbody! Cherreos oreos ♥