10: Pretty Awkward

"Are we there yet?" I whined as I felt my feet starting to hurt. Thomas turned to face me and smiled. "Not yet Daughter of Eve,"

Thomas continued walking as he lead us the way. Thomas had suggested us to stay for the night with him before we went to meet the Majesties.

Meeting the Majesties was my idea. I know they could help us. In every story of the books, Aslan would eventually appeared and nonetheless saved the day. I really hope this story we are in, he would do the same.

Brent was a meter away behind, He didn't spoke a word since I met him.

I sighed. I stopped my track as I observed my exhausted feet, wiggling my toes. A smile crept on my face as I mentally laughed at myself.

What am I doing with my life? I had a math test tomorrow but here I am stuck in Narnia.

"How the hell you are able to think of your stupid math test when you don't even have any logical idea to get us back. I bet we have zero opportunities of going back where we came from or even meet the 'majesties' that both of you had talked about earlier," I jolted when I heard a deep voice spoke. I assume it was Brent's. I jerked my head to see his bored expression, his brown eyes were gazing everywhere except at me.

"Did I just said that out loud?" I asked feeling a little bit embarrass. He nodded as he turned to face me. "You know if you walked a little bit faster, you might still catch up on us," he smirked as he walked past me, leaving me standing like fool.

"Boys nowadays are just so annoying." I muttered as I rolled my eyes.

I sighed.

Before I could continue my steps, Brent suddenly came running back towards me. "Hurry up!" He shouted. "You can't keep up with that," he pointed at my sore legs as if he had just realized my condition. He suddenly bent his legs into a squat position in front of me and said "Quick, get up. I'll give you a piggyback,"

That actually caught me off guard. I burst into a massive laughter.

"I'm not a three years old you know," I playfully scold as I wiped fake tears.

"And you can't walk right either," he said mockingly. "Just get on already! It's getting darker by the seconds," he scolded. "We don't damn know what's lingering around in this woods at night," His statement somehow sent shivers down my spine.

"Alright!" I yelled. I am so going to regret this!

I hesitantly went on his back, hugging him from behind as he stood up, tucking my legs upwards. "Hey!" I scolded. "No touchy touchy of my..." I trailed off knowing he knew what I was saying anyway.

"Pfft... yeah yeaah," I could almost feel him smirk.

This is so awkward. Cat would be so pleased. I thought as I rolled my eyes.

"You know.." Brent spoke. "You never did tell me your name, " I bit my lips as I remembered back how my not so best conversation with him earlier this morning. Should I tell him about it? Should I tell him my real name?

Should I? Should I? Should I?

"And obviously, you had already known mine. I saw you and that satyr talking earlier," he continued.

I sighed. So here goes nothing...

"Mya," I blurted out. He abruptly stopped his pace.

I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm dead.

"Mya as in 'you're gay' kind of Mya?" He hesitantly asked. "Yes?" I answered but it somehow came out more like a question. He cursed before he fasten back his pace. "Why?" He asked, obviously annoyed. "It was a dare," I stuttered as I closed my eyes, leaning closer to him. He tensed a bit of the closeness we were having. This was so awkward.

He sighed. "Where did you came from again?" He steadily asked, brushing off the awkwardness that was hanging on the air between us. I was somehow relieved with his action.

"Jonesborough, Tennessee." I answered as I copied his steadiness.

"That make senses then," He said, with that a dead silence fell between us.

"What a house!" I exclaimed as we had arrived at Thomas's place. "Your house is like your very own library!" My eyes were glittering as if I had just saw a box filled with treasures. Thomas chuckled.

It was incredible. Books were neatly arranged on his shelves. I wish I had a house like this!

A house full of knowladge.

"You're so... active and loud," Brent scoffed stressing the "so" word as he rolled his eyes, making me snap back into reality.I glared at him for ruining my moment of admiring, but I brushed it off as Thomas spoke.

"It's getting dark, you should start your quest tomorrow." He suggested. "start packing some useful stuff tonight, I might have everything you need in my kitchen. Both of you should be extra ready if you're going back into the woods tomorrow,"

"What do you mean 'both of you'?" Brent asked, studing Thomas as he lit his beautifully designed fireplace. "Well... I'm not coming with you," he casually stated. "But-t-t," I stuttered as I had realized we wouldn't stand a chance in the woods without him. We weren't Narnians for cakes' sakes!

"No buts," he brushed me off. "Have you ever heard of the majesties' stories? Of how this woods protected them whenever they were in danger?" He asked, carefully as he eyed Brent. Brent in response just shook his head, obviously he didn't read the books of The Chronicles of Narnia or even seen the movies.

"I know," I blurted proudly making me the attention of the room. "And how did you know?" Brent asked, arching his brow at me.

"I've read all of the books and I've already seen the movies 10 times," I said, as I arched my brows at him.

One can play that game. I thought as I smirked at Brent.

"Then, that settles it! She'll be your guider then, I don't know a thing you've just said but maybe the knowladge you've got would be enough for your journey." Thomas said before he went to the kitchen.

"We're so going to die," Brent groaned in agony.

"No we're not," I protested, "Don't be exaggarating, have faith gayboy," with that, I walked to the kitchen, leaving Brent sitting on the couch annoyed.

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year ♥ spread the love everybody :D *virtual hugs to everyone*