8: book

"Hey!" a light voice spoke, almost inaudible. I jerked my head to see Jane who was standing in front of me while smiling from ear to ear, she was glad to see me I assume? Jane was my friend who was slightly older three years than me and was also the best librarian in the school library. She was a brunette who owned a young petite body almost like mine and well... let me just say she was the reason why guys were now staying here in the library more often.

I gave her a warm smile. "You look happy," I blurted gazing at her as she playfully curled her hair with her index finger. "Yes! I am!" she lightly cheered. "Let me guess..your dog bore puppies this morning?" I'm sarcastic, I know.

she chuckled. "No silly," she scolded playfully as her eyes sparkled, while she was bitting her lower lips. Giving hints of nervousness and... then it hit me."Oh boy... I think I know why you're so happy Jenny," I narrowed at her.

She smiled warmly, knowing I had finally solved the puzzle. "You're in love aren't you?" I bluntly spoke. She giggled and nodded her head as a 'yes'. "Awwww. who's the lucky guy?" I asked eagerly. She hesitated to answer but eventually she gave in.

"His name's Jake, but unfortunately he doesn't know I like him," her smile slowly turned upside down. "What? why? you should tell him you know."

She was silent.

"I'm afraid of rejection," she lightly stuttered. My mind came rushing back at my 'little conversation' with Brent earlier when he casually rejected me. Pretty funny though. Just thinking about it, embarrassed me even if it was a joke. Somehow I had made up a name for me by accident and now he thought it was my name.

Mya...

"Ugh, I think I should go now Wil...seems like Mrs. Ginger would want my assistance," Her lips narrowed, pointing at the counter table as a long line was already forming. I instanly brushed the thought off and came back to reality. "Alright then, see yah Jane,"

She smiled before walking away.

I sighed, then a smile crept in as I gazed at Jane and Mrs. Ginger who were currently doing their job."You won't be rejected Jane. I know you won't," I muttered before I continued my reading. Luckily for me, I was currently at the last chapter of the last series of the book 'The Chronicles of Narnia." The other six series of the book were pilled up on the table. I had already read them all. I didn't know how long I had stayed, reading all of this but it was pretty obvious it wasn't just an hour.

After I had soothed myself as I had jogged a few laps around the park this morning with Elvie at my side, I went directly to the school library after cleaning myself up around 8. My friends weren't interested in reading so I often went here by myself. Judging by Jane's arrivel, the current time must be around 11am. Jane was like my clock, for the past two years she has been working here. She was always late yet punctual as she arrived at the same hour everyday; 11 O'clock.

*

I sighed. "Finish," I muttered as I proudly closed the book, placing it on top of the others.

phew... C.S Lewis a.k.a my favorite author did a perfect job on blowing out my mind in the last series of his books. But it was still interesting though. I wish I could go there...somehow. I brushed the thought off as I carried the books to place it all back on their rightful shelf until one book caught my eye.

It was on the top of the shelf where I had found the books of Narnia earlier. An emptier side of the shelves. Surprisingly I had never seen it before.

How interesting.

Without a second to waste, I reached for it, pulling it out of the shelf and caught it with a thud. I grunt, to my surpirse it was pretty heavy. I carried it as I walked towards my usual spot and placed it on the table. I sat down, my eyes were both englufied by the mesmerizing and magical look of the book. How did I not noticed this book before?

"The Chronicles Chooses" was imprinted on the cover. That must be the title.. and it was written by...

My eyes widened. Electrical energy was flowing through my every nerve. This cannot be! I giggled lightly as I reread his name. Once again it was my favorite author.

C.S. Lewis. Yay!

Exaggerating much.

Eagerly I turned the first page to find a note saying "Ye who seeks thou will find, Ye who finds thou will seek." It was a little bit confusing but not as confusing as what I had discovered after. It shocked me the most to find none of the other pages were filled. I had turned every single page to see just blank pages.

"Is this some kind of a joke?" I asked myself a little too loud, then the unusual thing happened.

No one sushed me.

That's odd.

Somebody should have sushed me. I know... because everytime I came here to read, I would often hear some sushing whenever someone spoke too loudly.

I slowly jerked my head to find everyone was stationary. I nervously glance at my surrounding. Everybody was nonetheless stuck in their current position. Even the clock stopped ticking.

"Okaaaay..." I slowly stood up, as my fear was abruptly rising. "What's going on... No no no.." I shook my head as hard as I could. Maybe this was just in my head, hallucinating due to all the story books I have read. Things like this doesn't occur in the real life. I assured myself as I steadied my breathing. I must be hallucinating. I must be...

Then, I felt the ground was shaking. Rumbling through my feet. My eyes widened when everything began to fall, the fluorescent lights started to burn making the room more darker by the minutes. People were slowly began to vanish into thin air, leaving me behind in this disturction.

I panicked. How am I going to get out from here?!

My head was yelling run! but my body acted otherwise. My body wasn't responding. I lost balance and fell with a thud on the cool floor. A scream escaped my mouth as the shelf almost fell over me, luckily I was fast enough to roll over to the other side.

My lips parted as my breathing became heavy. The book...was now floating. What the hell was going on? But before I could think of any reasonable explanation, the book flew open in front of me, shining its bright light while a thunderous roar echoed through the room. It freaked the hell out of me. I wanted to get far away from it but strong wind from no where began to pick up and pushed be nearer to the book. The next thing I know was that both of my hands were sucked into the book, I tried to pull them back but it was no use. The winds were now pushing me , half of my body was sucked in. My head was now in the book, I was too afraid to look hence I closed my eyes as shut as I could ...then with one last pull, my whole body was now sucked in entirely.

Then everything went black.

Hey. So I have updated two new chapter for today. I would love to read what everybody's opinions are. Do comment! Cheereossss. I'll dedicate this to my new wattpad friend :D ♡ Mixtureofmetals ♡ And the cute cover photo is edited by Jorosmey Suzie! :D