12: Brent's story

"How did you end up here?"

I had put a lot of effort of calming myself before firing that question up. I didn't know if I was ready for his response but I knew too well that I wasn't going to back out either. I carefully eyed him. His expression was blank. There wasn't a single glint of emotion. Just blank. He shifted his position and jerked his head to face me. He was on the other side of the campfire, and now we were face to face.

I gulped.

Stand your ground wilma! You can do it! I mentally assured myself.

He let out a sigh. "Well... if you really wanna know..."

"Yes I wanna know," I cut him off. A second there, I think I saw a glint of shock printed on his face but it was instantly replaced by his bored expression once again.

"Alright then," He continued. "I was on my way to the beach..." he trailed off as to expect I was going to cut him again but I only nodded and instructed him to go on.

"Well... Like I said, I was on my way to the beach when suddenly I heard a roar from no where. I thought it was only a car engine or something... but I heard it once more when I was in the water. I freaked out and immediately I surfed to the shore." He stopped and inhaled a long breath before he exhaled it back. "And?" I impatiently asked. He gazed at me, his brown eyes glowed mesmerizingly as fire light reflected through it. "I didn't make it,"

"What?" I shirked, I was puzzled. What was he saying? "I didn't make it to shore, the wave caught me before my legs touch the sands."

I let out a gasp as I covered my mouth. My eyes widen as shock took over. "You died?"

But to the look of it, he didn't look dead earlier nor now. He seems fine. But did he felt fine?

"I don't know," he shurgged. "Cause the next thing I know, I was lying on the beach...and a goat-like-man walked towards me."

"Thomas," I mumbled to my realization. Brent nodded his head like a bubble head. "You know what shocked me the most?" Brent asked. I shook my head in response. I waited impatiently for his next words.

"I was wearing my shirt when I woke up and not my swimming suit," he stated, looking as confuse as ever. "Strange huh?" I copied the bubble head move and nodded.

"Alright then...I think our dinner is ready," Brent grinned as he placed some soup in a curved cup Thomas had provided for us. "Yay!" I cheered. I admit I was hungry as ever, I could feel my stomach was rumbling as hard as it usually rumbled and my salive gland must've been broken since I got here, cause I couldn't stop but drool a lot.

"Bone apetite,"

I know it wasn't much... but there goes Brent's story of how he got washed up in Narnia :D So how was it so far? boring? yep. i think so, but next chapter would be more interesting! thanks again! cheereos oreos! ♥_♥