Chapter 19

Sam brings his attention towards me, his eyes squinted in confusion.

"Who's this, Samuel?" The blonde bitch asks my man.

What the fuck!? Samuel!!

"Sam?" I glare at him, pissed.

"Halie, this is my fiancé, Mallory. Mallory, this is a friend of the family, Halie." He's still looking at me, baffled by my behavior.

"Halie looks to be an extremely good friend of the family." I look down at Halie's hand clinging to Sam's arm.

He notices and quickly pulls away from her grasp.

"Excuse me." I reached past Halie, who didn't even try to move out of my way, and placed my hand into Sam's pocket to pull out my panties. "I'll just take these back."

Sam's eyes widen in shock.

"I think I'm going to head to the bar and see what the bartender can whip up for me." I turn towards the bar.

As I hastily walk away, I can hear Halie say to Sam. "Wow, Samuel. You know how to pick them."

I'm so fucking furious right now that I don't even hear Sam run up behind me. He grabs my arm.

"Leave. Me. The. Fuck. Alone!" I say to him in a slow, seething voice through gritted teeth.

"I can't do that," he says calmly.

"I swear to God, Sam. I will make a fucking scene," I snarl.

He replies, "No, you won't. Today is Sammy's day, and you don't want to take away from her day."

While we're having this discussion, Sam is slowly moving me towards the exit.

"Wow! Really! Throwing my own words at me."

"We need to talk, and we need to talk now."

"Why don't you go back to Lil Miss Halie? I bet that she would love to talk to you." I say with sarcasm dripping off of my words.

We get to the exit, and Sam pushes me out through it. "What the hell was that, Mallory?"

"What the hell? What the hell? You about blow a gasket when the bartender brushes against my hand, but it's all fine and dandy when that bitch was all over you, Sam. You tell me! What the hell was that?"

Sam lets out an exasperated sigh, "I don't know what you think that you saw, but Halie ... she's just a friend."

"Do you want to give her that fucking memo, Sam? You're completely clueless. That woman wants you, and she wants you as more than just a friend."

Sam runs his hand through his hair in frustration. "Regardless, Mal, I don't want her. I only have eyes for you, Babe—no one else. Maybe I'm clueless because I don't care about Halie or any other woman. You're everything that I want, everything that I need, and no one will ever change my mind about that. No one!"

My hardened heart softens, and tears well up in my eyes. "I'm sorry. I've never been angrier from seeing that woman's hands all over you. Talk about wanting to punch someone."

"Hey." He takes my face into his hand and wipes away the escaped tears. "I know and understand how you feel. I don't want anyone touching you like that. I'm sorry, too. I love you more than anything. I shouldn't have let Halie touch me that way, and I hate that I made you so upset. Please, forgive me?"

I smile through my tears. "I'll forgive you if you'll forgive my behavior."

He kisses me gently on the lips. "Absolutely. Are we good?"