Chapter 14

Sam and I professed our love for each other a few days ago. I had slipped off Ben's ring that night. We haven't gone further than kissing and heavy petting because I want to make our first time making love memorable, so I invited him over for dinner. I bought a slinky silver dress just for the occasion and put a whole chicken filled with stuffing into the oven an hour ago. Mashed potatoes are keeping warm in my crockpot, and the corn is keeping warm on the stovetop. I go into my room to change.

The doorbell rings as I finish strapping on my silver heels. I take one last look in the mirror before I go to answer the door.

"Hey," I greet Sam.

Sam's jaw drops. The dress affected Sam in the way I wanted.

Sam's eyes roam my entire body. "Wow! Mal, you look incredible."

I slowly turn around so that he can see how the back goes all the way down to just above my ass. The satin material hugs all of my curves perfectly.

His eyes go wide. "Holy shit!"

"You like?" I smile.

"I fucking love it."

I give him a quick kiss on the lips. When I go to pull away, Sam wraps his arm tightly around my waist. He rubs his hands up and down my bareback.

"Not so fast." He leans his head down, taking possession of my lips.

I gently bite his lower lip, and he growls deeply. He masterly takes control of me with his powerful tongue-twisting and turning with mine like a beautiful dance between lovers. I lean my body into him as our kiss deepens. We're interrupted by the beeping of my timer, letting us know that the chicken is ready to come out of the oven.

"Grrr..." he growls in my ear.

"Down, boy! Dinner first, then dessert."

I wink at him over my shoulder as I sashay into the kitchen with Sam following me like a love-sick puppy. I love it!

"Dinner was out of this world! She's beautiful, and she can cook

"Dinner was out of this world! She's beautiful, and she can cook. I hit the jackpot with you, Mal." Sam uses his napkin to wipe off his mouth.

I smile at his sweet words.

"Now, I heard that there was dessert..." he wiggles his eyebrows.

I laugh at his antics. "How about we let dinner settle a little bit."

He groans, "You're killing me right now."

I pat his arm. "I think that you'll survive."

"Are you sure about that?" He pouts.

"I'm a nurse. If you keel over from impatience, I promise to use my lifesaving skills to keep you alive."

"Is it bad that I'm now contemplating faking my death so that I can get first-hand knowledge of your lifesaving skills?" He grins.