𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 ; 𝐈'𝐌 𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄

★·.·´¯'·.·★
. 𝚙𝚕𝚞𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚏𝚘𝚢
★·.·´¯'·.·★

    𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐘, 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 even know where she'd start her search for her mother. She had considered Diagon Alley but Diagon Alley always has loads of people and she was sure her mother didn't want to attract attention to herself. That's how she found herself nearly crying in Knockturn Alley. She wasn't a cry baby, the place was just fucking creepy and this other homeless dude kept cat calling her.

"You really shouldn't be here Heather." Cedric warned as he floated beside her. He had told her that he had gone back to Hogwarts, hence why he had disappeared. Apparently Harry called out to him again. Just hearing the name Harry somewhat hurt her. It somehow reminded her that she left George in his most vulnerable state. Fuck, she was a bad girlfriend. No, horrible.

"I don't want to be here Ced, but my mum might be here." Heather replied in a tone that instantly shut Cedric up. He was going to tell her that her mother had just run away again, that everyone could see it except her.

"Lupin? What are you doing here?" Heather shrieked, jumping and pulled out her wand. Draco Malfoy stood there, brows furrowed in—was that worry?

"Oh me? Nothing." Heather flashed him a smile. She couldn't tell the enemy that she was searching for her mother who everyone told her will never return. She just didn't want to believe it. Her mother will come back. She has to.

"People hate your father Lupin—"

"Tell me something I don't bloody know." Heather growled and Draco rolled his eyes.

"—and that means they'll hate you too." Heather sighed, pushing her glasses up and she glanced at Cedric, who shrugged. "Let's go find my parents, we'll have you out of here in a second."

That shocked Heather. "Why are doing this Malfoy?"

"Because if you die, I wouldn't have someone to torment." Heather snorted at this. "So, how are you and the bloodtraitor doing?"

"Oh—we—er—kinda broke up. Well it's complicated you see. I ran away from my dad and I dragged Fred and George along. We've been staying with Bill and Fleur Delacour, who is honestly the most kindest soul alive. George's parents had been attacked last night and he said I should go with but I couldn't, that would mean my dad is right and my dad is never right and now I regret leaving because I don't have a place to go to and the person I'm searching for will never take me in, she hates me, that i'm sure of. You know Draco, you're really lucky to have a mother, we others don't even—"

"Whoa Lupin, all I asked was if you're doing alright." Heather chuckled sadly. She hated herself, here she was, pouring her heart out to Draco Malfoy. She was honestly the worst. "There's father, come on, walk faster. I think I saw Snape." Before Heather could even turn around to check which Snape he was talking about (although he must have meant Severus Snape) , Draco had already clasped his cold fingers around her wrist and pulled her towards his father. Heather furrowed her brow in confusion at the contact. She was sure that she should've hated it but it oddly felt alright.

"Draco, don't—who is this young lady?" Lucius Malfoy asked his son. Heather could easily see where Draco found his good looks. Wait, what?! Did she just think Draco was good looking?! She needed to leave Knockturn Alley this instant.

"Heather Lupin sir." Heather replied and Lucius' lips quirked up. Not in a smile though.

"A Lupin Draco? Haven't you heard that Remus Lupin is a werewolf?" He sneered and Heather wanted to lunge for him.

"If this raises your opinion of me, my mum is a Death Eater. But who gives a fuck about that? Of course I'd get compared with my father, the werewolf. I'm not my fucking father, I'm not my bitch of a mother. I'm Heather. And being Heather means I'm a no one. I'm no one." Heather heaved for air after her little declaration. She wasn't her parents, no, she wasn't her father. She wasn't a werewolf, she was just Heather, the normal girl who could see ghosts.

"Well—" Lucius cleared his throat uncomfortably and Narcissa Malfoy came out the shop she was in. She eyed them all weird, for her husband was red in the face with embarrassment, while her son looked like he was about to die from not laughing and Penelope Lupin's daughter was glaring at her husband.

"Hello dear." Narcissa politely greeted Heather, who tore her gaze away from Lucius and she tried to smile at Narcissa in the most decent way. "Is she your new friend Draco?"

"I'd rather die mother." Draco venomously spat out but to everyone's surprise, Heather laughed and draped her arm over his broad shoulders even though she had to stand on her tip toes. Draco was suddenly tall.

"The feeling is so mutual Malfoy." She grinned at him and Draco scoffed, shaking her arm off though Heather saw a tiny smile on his face.

"Anyway mother, Heather is in a bit of a pickle at the moment. She ran away from her father—"

"And why did you do that?" Lucius asked in yet another sneer. Heather rolled her eyes at this.

"Because he didn't want to tell me that Penelope is my mum and not some deranged aunt. And because he kept a secret away from me that literally changed my entire life." Heather secretly glanced at Cedric, who was happily floating between them all.

"I think he kept that from you for a good reason Heather." Narcissa spoke. "I was friends with your mother, along with Elora Snape. We didn't bloody rule the school for nothing."

Heather shook her head. "I'm sorry if this will sound rude but I honestly don't care about that. I just wanted to know if she was my mum or not, I wouldn't have wanted to see her. Just knowing was enough." She sighed, shaking her head. "I just want to be kept in the light. Is that too much to ask? Anyway, thank you for... this but I need to go."

Draco grabbed her wrist again and Heather glanced down to his fingers. "Where will you go?" Draco whispered and Heather flashed him a smile.

"Wherever the wind takes me Malfoy." She shrugged and she saw Draco sigh before he looked at his parents. Lucius scoffed and pouted like a bloody five year old, while his mother smiled and gave him a small nod.

"It just so happens that the wind brought you to me." He whispered and Heather's mouth fell open. "I don't hate you Heather, I actually—"

"There you are you little rascal!" Everyone whipped around to see Mad Eye Moody standing there. "This ain't no safe place for a girl whose father is hated."

"It's not so safe for you either, ain't it?" Heather raised a brow. "Besides," She draped an arm around Draco and linked her arm with Narcissa's. "I'm with my new friends. So sod off. Don't forget though, constance vigilance."

Mad Eye furrowed his brow in confusion but before he could do anything, he fell to the floor and Lucius appeared, sneering. Heather grinned at him. Maybe being friends with the Malfoys won't be so bad.