𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 ; 𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒? 𝐍𝐀𝐇

★·.·'¯'·.·★
. 𝚙𝚕𝚞𝚜 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚊𝚍
★·.·'¯'·.·★

"𝐒𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 you label me as, I dunno, crazy if I told you I can see dead people who didn't choose to become ghosts but are ghosts but you can't see them? Hypothetically speaking of course." Heather asked the night before the first of September. She and the Golden Trio were sitting in Ron's room, along with Cedric and Mr Black, who Heather found out wanted to watch over his son. (He was never specific about which one, and what Sirius told her, she figured he meant Regulus. She wondered if he knew that Regulus was dead.)

"Hypothetically that would mean you are what they call a Clarivoyant and you're special. Hypothetically speaking of course." The girl replied and Heather nervously flashed her a smile. "Or just technically speaking, it means you're crazy."

Heather began laughing hysterically and made eye contact with Harry, who furrowed his brow in confusion. She then made eye contact with Cedric, who was mimicking someone strangling Heather and her dying. This made her laugh even louder and she hastily stood up. "I'm not crazy, I swear, it's just that I woke up one day and then I heard someone call out and say they're sorry because Harry was somehow calling out for him and the person turned out to be Cedric Diggory and I know Cedric is dead but I swear he's here right now as well as Mr Black though he said I should call him Orion and I've never told my dad because I was scared like Hermione that he was going to call me crazy and I also never told Fred or George. They also asked me to build the joke shop with them because children at Hogwarts hate me anyway like I'm the werewolf, I'm not my dad, can't they see that? And I've been receiving weird letters from a lady named Penelope who told me she's my mother but my dad told me she's my aunt, not that I believe him." She took in a deep breath, not noticing that she had been crying and she wiped away her tears. "Oh fuck! Am I going crazy? Am I crazy? Are we all crazy? Are you even Hermione? Oh shit! What if I'm not Heather Lupin? What if I'm just some random bimbo? What if George is not my real boy-"

"Heather!" Harry yelled out, cupping her face with his hands, all hate forgotten. "You're not going mad, I'm not calling out for Cedric, Hermione is Hermione, you are Heather, you can't see ghosts, you're not some random bimbo and George is your real boyfriend."

Heather let out a sigh as she sniffed and nodded. "I just don't understand it okay? I woke up one day and boom, I can see a very dead Cedric."

"Nice to know you think I'm very dead and not just dead." Cedric snorted and Heather laughed, shaking her head. "Tell Harry that he was the one who told me about the dragons and I told him about the egg. Tell him that," Cedric sighed. "Tell him about that night he told me that he still loves you."

Heather stiffened and shook Harry's hands off, the boy who lived turning red. "Cedric told me to tell you that you're the one who told him about the dragons and in return he told you about the egg." Heather glanced at Cedric and as fast as she could said, "And he told me to tell you that you told him that you still love me."

Harry looked as though he had been struck by lightning and he tensed up. "He's really here?" He whispered and Heather nodded. "Oh-er-excuse me."

For reasons unknown, Heather yelled out, "You'll be happy to know that I won't be going back to Hogwarts this year Harry!" Though it was true, she wasn't planning on going back ever since George asked her to join them in building up the joke shop. The problem now, was the pounding of footsteps heading her way and just this once, Heather wished she was a ghost like Cedric and Orion, that way, she could float through the wall.

"Your mother used to talk to my mother. As in a lot." Remus told his daughter thirty minutes after scolding her for stupid reasons.

"I don't see the fault in that." Heather shrugged, wiping her eyes for the umpteenth time. She had cried when she told her father everything and even though Remus had been furious, he had hugged her and told her that everything will be alright.

"She died when I was twelve." Remus deadpanned and Heather stared at her father. What was going on with her? "I knew you had her gift when you were five. You said you made new friends and their names were Hope and Ada. My mother's name was Hope, and your grandmother's Ada."

Goosebumps formed on her arms and the little hairs on the back of her neck stood as she stared at her father. He knew? And she was stressing about this for nothing?! She felt like a complete idiot. And she was absolutely angry at herself for not telling her father while he knew all along! And why didn't he tell her? He could've told his only daughter that she can see dead people! It's really not that of a big deal, honestly. He could've just said, "Hey honey, you can see dead people and don't freak out because that would be dumb." and she would've believed him. Maybe. Maybe she would've, who knows?

"Why didn't you tell me dad?" She asked, rubbing her arms as she ignored the looks Cedric and Orion gave her.

"Because I thought it would go away honey, you were only five Heather, I had imaginary friends as well."

"Well they weren't so imaginary after all were they dad?" Heather growled, instantly regretting it when her dad went red in the face.

"You're grounded." Remus told the girl, who for some reason smiled at him.

"I'm not a child anymore dad. I'm fifteen and you can't control my life like you used to. I'm leaving tomorrow and I'm not going back to Hogwarts." She breathed out and sniffed again. "And if you have a problem with that, I'm sorry because if you loved me, you would have told me that Penelope is my mum and that I can see dead people."

Remus' jaw tensed. She found out. Heather found out. And now, she needs to be protected. But how on earth was he going to do all that if she wants to run away? He then knew who to talk to and exactly what to do. Hopefully, she'll come to her senses.