"It's not for another couple weeks, you're fine," JD informed Chase. "Back to what you were saying."

Rudy nervously ran his hand though his hair, both of his friends noticing the nervous tick. "I know we have only been dating a few months, but Nova has changed my whole life and I know people will think I'm insane, but I think I'm going to ask her to marry me."

"Oh shit!" Chase and JD celebrated.

"Is that a bad idea? We just started dating in June and it's only going to be October when I ask, but the time just feels right."

"Dude, we only have this one life and you two are seriously the greatest couple I have ever seen, if you feel right, do it, but you're going to need a ring," JD replied.

"Oh I do," Rudy said quickly. "I had one when we went back to a Chicago in August."

"That's so amazing," Chase could not wipe the Joker smile off of his face.

"So it's a go?" Rudy asked.

"You'll have to ask Shawn first, but I know he will say yes," JD nodded.

"I have to ask what the ring looks like," Chase's smile was radiant, he was over the moon excited for his friend.

"Here, she pointed it out saying it was her dream, she wasn't telling me, she was telling Willow and Sarah," Rudy showed them the photo of the pear shaped ring.

"Dude that's god damn beautiful," JD was impressed.

"The band I changed and had her birthstones, her mom's, and Shawn's going around it," Rudy described.

"You wanna be my boyfriend, god damn," Chase replied.

Rudy glanced at the production office, Shawn was in there with Jonas. "I think I'm going to go ask Shawn, make sure Novs stays away from that office," Rudy instructed as he ran towards the brick building.

"Good luck, man!" JD cheered.

"Might need it," Rudy yelled back with a hint of amusement.

Rudy opened the door to the office slowly, did that door get heavier? Everything was in his head from the nervousness he was feeling.

"Hey Shawn, can I talk to you?" Rudy asked as Jonas walked into another room, he was on the phone.

"Oh god, what's wrong?" Shawn asked.

"No, nothing," Rudy shook his head. "Maybe. So I want to surprise Nova and I planned on taking her to Greece for her birthday."

"Oh wow, she would love that," Shawn nodded.

"Right?" Rudy nodded. "See the thing is, I wanted to propose to her, but I wasn't going to unless you were okay with it," Rudy finally had the guts to just spit it out.

"Holy shit," Shawn's face contorted into a look of shock. "If it's too soon, I get it, but it just feels right," Rudy explained.

"Dude, I wouldn't say yes to anyone else, you've been the best to Nova," Shawn smiled, they exchanged a hug, like an actual hug.

"That was kind of nerve wracking," Rudy let go, a sigh of relief escaping his lips.

"What's the ring look like?" Shawn asked.

"It's from that place in Chicago that she said your mom always wanted a ring from," Rudy showed him the ring as well.

"Dude, you're like perfect," Shawn laughed.

"The band has your birthstones repeating around it," Rudy commented.

"She's going to love that, is it done?" Shawn asked.