Chapter 5

This is quite a long chapter. Enjoy.

Word Count: 2184

Harper's POV

We climbed onto a massive plane which was full of strange items and people dressed in black outfits. All the outfits had a sort of bird on them with stars around it and the people had serious faces on. Tony still carried me but I began feeling unsure about the situation I was in. Tony carried me through the plane and we passed many rooms that had either tables and chairs, sports equipment with weapons or a few had computers that had people typing on them. 

"You'll be safe here," Steve said and smiled sweetly at me. I nodded in response but still felt concerned about it all. Tony carried me to what he called the medical bay and put me down on a bed. It felt amazing to be on something so soft and comfortable after spending years on the concert floor of a boiler room. My knees, neck, wrists and ankles were so painful. Basically, all my joints ached and felt both freezing and like they were on fire. It was a weird and horrible feeling and I wanted it to stop. They seemed to know I was in pain and not just physical pain. I was shaking at this point for many reasons.

We waited a few minutes and soon a distressed looked man came in, trying to fix his glasses that sat strangely on his face. He started talking hurriedly to a concerned looking Tony and a sad-looking Steve about me. I started to worry about what would happen to me. They didn't need me and I knew they wouldn't keep me if they thought I wasn't worth the trouble. I knew I wasn't worth any trouble but I was too scared to move. I knew they would hurt me if they wanted to or maybe they would even kill me. They probably didn't need another mouth to feed, not that HYDRA fed me much.

I watched them as they talked over near a computer that had strange lines along it. I couldn't read very well but I tried anyway. After a while I got 'Blood Test' and at first I said it wrong but I figured it out after a while. I didn't want a blood test. I believed that involved a needle and I was not okay with it.

Tony came back over to me and I noticed that his metal suit was disappearing into the watch on his wrist. Steve and the man with glasses came back over to me and Steve introduced me to the other man. "This is Bruce, He is going to help you while Tony and I go talk to the others," Steve said and started to leave the room. Tony followed behind him giving me an awkward smile in an attempt to make me feel better. I didn't work. 

Bruce smiled and began talking to me but I struggled to listen. I focused on the last part of his sentence, "May I help you?" He asked and I nodded and let him help me. I needed medical attention and I knew it but I was still scared. He came over to me with a mask and I started to freak out. What was he going to give me via that? I flinched away from him and pulled my knees to my chest and hid my face. I didn't want to face him. 

"Harper, It's alright. We won't hurt you. everything is okay and nobody will hurt you here." Bruce said and told something called J.A.R.V.I.S to get Tony to come as soon as possible. Bruce started talking to me about what he was going to do with his equipment. I didn't look at him as I was still scared and didn't want to give him the chance to put that mask on me. "We are the Avengers and we will help you." He said calmly and told the thing J.A.R.V.I.S to tell Tony to hurry up. Tony came back in and asked Bruce what was up. Bruce pointed to me. 

Tony looked at me and we made awkward eye contact while he sat next to me. Tony put me on his lap and comforted me. He clearly didn't know what to do and I could feel that he felt awkward and uncertain. That just made the fact that he was trying even better. "He's just gonna put this on you to make it easier to heal you." He said but it didn't make me feel any better. Tony sighed and I figured I shouldn't upset the people who were helping me. I nodded and Bruce got to work to help me. I stayed as still as I could do I wouldn't upset them.