THIRTY ONE- CELESTE: EZRA'S WISH

The Bridge was just ahead of us, with undeterred bravery, me and Ezra cut through the defenses in order to get there. Now, it was here. Our final destination.

"Ready?" Ezra asked,

"Ready." I said, Ezra pressed the button to the door. The blast doors slid open, revealing two Death Troopers guarding it. With quick thinking they were both down of the ground, blasters cut in half and smoldering on the floor.

"Looks like you lose, Thrawn." Ezra said, pointing his blaster at the man.

"A momentary set back."

"We'll see." He said, confidence flowing through his force as he straightened his posture. I kept my saber ignited, after all, you never knew what tricks this man might have up his Imperial sleeve.

"Sir, several unidentified objects have just entered orbit." I cocked my head slightly at Ezra, he only smirked in response. What in the galaxy are you up to?

"My blockade will intercept them." Thrawn said calmly, thinking he had complete control over the situation. Other rebels cells?

"They've destroyed the blockade. Our ships are just-gone." No, not Rebels.

"Get Captain Pellaeon." A man's panicked voice came through the com-link.

"Sir! They came out of hyperspace! I've never seen-," a static whine followed, suggesting that the Captain was also gone.

"Admiral, we have incoming." The Officer piped,

"Take a look." Ezra suggested, guestering to the windows with his blasters. I looked past the Admiral, out of the fog, blue glowing eyes could be seen. Then a head, then tentacles, The Ghost Ship leading a group of,

"Purrgil." I breathed, hundreds of them flew directly at us. Making for an awe-inspiring sight.

"You did this?" I asked Ezra, he only nodded, watching the Purrgil as they swam gracefully through the air. The bigger Purrgil bumped into the Imperial Starships. While the smaller ones tore through the TIE Fighters. Causing a flurry of explosions to fill Lothal's skies. A large Purrgil drifted besides the window, purring a greeting at Ezra.

"Whatever happens next, happens to all of us." Thrawn said, somehow maintaining his cool tone.

"That's the idea." Ezra said, his gaze flickering from the Purrgil to Thrawn. Suddenly, purple tentacles burst through the window, sending shards of glass flying everywhere. The Imperials panicked, trying to blast the Purrgil, but it was no use. Thrawn tried to run for it, but I stopped him, using the force to push him back into the storm of tentacles. They wrapped around him, holding the man captive against his will. Even if he did try to negotiate with the Purrgil, it would be to no effect.

"Ezra? Celeste? Can you hear me? The Purrgil, is it you?"

"It's all him." I said through the com-link,

"Pretty good, huh?" He chuckled, I smiled back at him. If he would've suggested this plan, I would have thought it to be outrageous but totally Ezra.

"Well, you could've told the rest of us." Sabine said crossly, I could practically hear the eye roll in her voice.

"I wanted it to be a surprise." Ezra chimed, unexpectedly, the blast doors slid open again, revealing another small battalion of troopers. I deflected their blaster fire back at them, helping Ezra to take him out. Making sure Thrawn was still secure, I whipped. My eyes widened with terror, he had stepped out of the tentacles grip, pointing his blaster straight at Ezra. Darn it!

"Look out!" I screamed, without hesitation, I jumped in front of the shot. The blast shot me right in the collarbone, the pain excruciating as I hit the floor.

"Celeste!" He yelled, with a thrust of his hand, Thrawn's blaster thudded to the floor. The Admiral charged at Ezra but I stopped him, yet again pushing him back into the Purrgil's grip. I stumbled to my feet, my shaky legs barely supporting me. If this is how I die, how we die, then I'm glad went out fighting. I thought, groaning weakly as I watched Ezra hold Thrawn in place with the Force. I shook my head, trying to clear away to the fuzziness of thought.

"Celeste, get the door!" Ezra thundered, glancing at me from over his shoulder, worry swimming through his sympathetic eyes. I took Thrawn's blaster in my shaky hands, shooting the panel for the door. It slammed shut in the troopers faces, blocking off our escape. The entire galaxy was turning blurry and even Ezra seemed so far away. Blood dripped onto The Bridge's metallic floors, a stark contrast to the blue glow that started pulsating from the Purrgil's tentacles.

"Ezra, Celeste! Get out of there right now! That's an order." Hera commanded through the com-link,

"N-no," I croaked, taking a step closer to Ezra.

"She's right. We have to see this through to the end, Hera." He said,

"I have to see this through to the end." He added, a sad smile coming across his face. The Purrgil's blue glow danced across his indigo eyes and reflected off the shards of glass that floated amongst us.

Life, for what seemed like a split second, froze.

"I'm sorry, Celeste."

"No! Ezra, I'm going with you." I insisted, even if he did not realize it, he was ripping my heart from it's rib cage.

"I can't let you do that." He shifted his free hand towards me, The Force flowing through the room. My boots skidded on the bridge as I slid closer and closer to the window and farther and farther away from Ezra. I gritted my teeth, fighting his energy with my own.

"I can't lose you too, Ezra." I cried, my tears only turned everything in a kaleidoscope, only Ezra's face stayed in focus.

"You won't lose me." He said, indigo eyes sparkling in the blue light.

"Goodbye, Celeste."

"No!"

Tears flowed down his cheeks as he blew me off of the bridge and into Lothal's skies.

**CONTINUE READING! THERE IS MORE AFTER THIS CHAPTER!**