FIVE- EZRA: KANAN'S WISH

"Celeste will come back when she's ready." Kanan said, opening one eye as he stared me down, pausing in the middle of his meditation.

"How do you know?" I hissed, sitting cross legged on the ground with him.

"Because I can feel her. Can you feel it too?"

"No."

"Focus on her energy. Her life force. Reach out to her."

"But you said-,"

"Ezra." He warned, cutting me off. I did as I was told. Trying to dig deep into my own mind, last time I felt her force it was cold. Harsh and unmerciful. But when she was helping people, it was different. It was kind and gentle. I tried to focus on that.

"Come back to us, Celeste." I whispered, my hand hovering out in the open space between me and Kanan. Then I felt it, our fight. Blades clashing against one another, her eyes burning into mine. Our words echoing through my mind.

"We are your family. Please, come back to us."

"No, Ezra, it's too late for that."

***

"No!" I jerked awake, hitting my head on the ceiling with a soft thud. I rubbed it viscously, hoping the pain would wear off as I wandered through the ship. Usually the grassy plains of Lothal would've calmed me. Made me feel at home, but this place felt like anything but home right now. The murky, smoke-filled skies made it hard to breathe. But what made it worse was The Grey Phantom, protector of Lothal's citizens, refused to help us.

Why? Why would she refuse? Doesn't she want to help Lothal? I thought, now sitting at the holotable, raking my hands through my indigo hair. It was like Celeste all over again, refusing to help when we needed it most. Just leaving. Part of me was angry at her. But Kanan kept his cool, he never got mad, and even if he did, he never showed it. He always believed she would come back. So I had to keep his hope- his wish alive.