ELEVEN- EZRA: STAY WITH US

The night had fallen sooner than I would've liked, after her confrontation with Kallus, Celeste retreated to the safety of Sabine's room. And didn't come out for the rest of the day. Knowing Celeste, none of us went into the room, if we did she would probably shoot us and due to her short temper, wouldn't be kind and miss.

So we left her alone.

I sat upright on the bed, trying to make a connection with her, I needed to talk to her. We needed to confront the past, her past, together. So she could break free of her fears and fight the Empire alongside me and the Ghost Crew. So she could become a fellow Jedi. I sighed heavily, jumping off the bed and landing softly on my feet. After my many failed attempts at a force connection, I decided to talk with her face to face. I crept through the ship, trying to remain as quiet as possible. Then I saw her, backpack on and Loth-Cat on her shoulder.

"You're leaving again... aren't you?" Celeste froze, her trigger happy hands twitching towards the blaster.

"Let me leave, please." She stuttered,

"But-,"

"No, you knew this was coming, don't act so surprised."

"Please, please, stay with us. We need you, the Crew can't do this without you."

"I know you can, you've gone this long without me." She sighed, walking away again.

"So you'd just give up? What happened to you? Do you even care about what Kanan died for? What he fought for his whole life?"

"I do care. More than you'll ever know."

"Then why are you running?" I spat,

"You wouldn't understand what it's like."

"I think I'd understand more that you think." I protested, my palms coiling into fists. My deep blue eyes swum with pain. She can't leave. Not again.

"I know what that battle feels like; the dark trying to consume the light and those connections that I made... they still loom over me to this day."
She stayed silent, the Loth-Cat purring at her questioningly.

"Then how do you deal with it?"

"I focus on the Force," I took in a shaky breath, "focus on what Kanan taught you."

"But the dark- it's so overwhelming."

"The more you train in the light, the easier it will become to resist." She sighed, petting the Loth-Cat softly.

"I know, Starship, I know, but it looks like we're going to be with these guys for just a little bit longer than anticipated."