EIGHT- EZRA: BROKEN SOLDIERS

She was in a daze, she couldn't understand how Kanan died. She couldn't accept it. I hated seeing her broken like this. It reminded me of myself and how, now we were both broken soldiers, broken Jedis. Orphaned padawans with a dead Master. But my pain was masked by my anger, my anger at Celeste.

How stupid am I? I should've seen the signs, felt her force. I thought, looking at Celeste, who was sitting around the table with Hera and Sabine. Although she refused emotional support, they both stayed with her. I never gave up on Celeste, I searched for her on every mission we went on. But now that she was here, I didn't even want to be with her.

All I felt was the sting of betrayal. Or was it the sting of loneliness, me missing my sharpshooter friend? I decided to talk to her, through the force. All those connections that she refused, what was one more?

"Get out of my head." She snarled, her voice immediately prominent in my head.

"There's no need to defensive anymore, we're a team again."

"A team? I'd hardly call it that. Now, leave me alone."

"No. You know, we all had to deal with Kanan's death? We had to accept it for what it was."

Suddenly, there was a blaster pointed to my head. Celeste's cold eyes staring into mine.

"Don't ever do that again." She snapped, I eyed the blaster, wondering if it was set on stun or not.

"Alright, alright!" I surrendered, Celeste shoved the blaster into it's holster. Marching out of the ship and into the grassy plains. I ran my hands through my hair in frustration,

"Keep on trying, Ezra. You're the only one who can reach her."

"What are you talking about? It's impossible to reach someone with that kind of temper."

"You'll never know unless you try." Hera said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded, running out of the ship to follow Celeste.