ONE- CELESTE: STARSHIP'S CAVE

"Kanan! No!"

***

I looked down at my hands, coated in glistening crimson. I had done this. I was a monster.

***

"I can't stay- I'm so sorry."

***

I jolted awake as Starship jumped on my stomach, knocking the breath out of my lungs.
"Starship!" I groaned, swatting the Loth-Cat away. The cold seeped through my black t-shirt, forcing me to get up and put on my leather jacket I always wore. The cave where I had always trained made a fine home. The only downside to the cave in which I lived was that it got extremely cold in the nights. After the first few weeks, I had gotten used to sleeping on hard rock. But today, I would have to prepare to leave for a good while. I was meeting someone for a job. The client was unknown, all I knew was the location. The remains of Tarkintown. I would be taking my repurposed TIE to blend in. Looking into a puddle of water, I used it as a mirror. Staring right back at me was my own pale blue eyes.

My hair turned into a black and platinum blonde ombre after the run in with the dark side. It was a disguise so that no one could easily find out who I was. But I liked it more than I had intended. I tied up my hair into a sloppy bun and put on my poorly painted, gray stormtrooper helmet. My secret stash of helmets arrayed on a supply crate in the cave. Among those helmets was my Spectre-7 one. Sabine's painting skills made mine look like the ugliest thing on Lothal.

I longed to wear it everywhere I went. But I was no longer a part of their crew, so I shouldn't- couldn't wear their colors. My blasters were laid neatly across the stone wall, along with my lightsaber. I yanked my rifle up off the ground and put it across my body. Placing the hand-blaster in it's holster, I grabbed my lightsaber. It had generally remained the same. Unlike me. It still felt cool in my grip, the chill always brang my burning anger down, which I had to always keep in check. I hooked the lightsaber onto my belt, hiding it behind my jacket before making my way through the cave.

To anyone else it was a maze, but to me, it was a path I walked almost everyday. The ground was uneven and often rocky, puddles of water gathering wherever they could. Sometimes a small stream would form. When I first got here I wanted to change it. To make it more easier to access, but I never did. Soon, the maze-like cave had become a protection more than a hassle. As I hiked up to the surface, the gray loth-cat followed, jumping from rock to rock. Starship, although annoying at times, had also become a protection in that he was extremely territorial. Meaning, he had the tendency to attack stormtroopers on sight.

Suddenly, the bright daylight shone in my eyes. Telling me that it was time to stay goodbye to Starship. He went everywhere with me, except for client missions. For all I knew, they could be off world and I needed Starship here. Mostly so he could guard the cave. I turned around the see the Loth-Cat sitting patiently on a sun-soaked boulder. I reached out to scratch his fluffy chin. Causing a deep purr to emit from his throat.

"See ya' later, Starship."

*Thank you readers for reading! Please, refrain from using foul language in the comments, thank you! Also, this is a sequel to my fanfic, SPECTRE-7, this book cannot be read as a standalone! If you have not read SPECTRE-7 yet, I would recommend going to read SPECTRE-7 before reading this. Anyways, have a great read!*