TWELVE-CELESTE: TRAINEE OF LIGHT

After my many failed attempts at escape, Ezra had finally convinced me to stay. I even half-heartedly agreed to some training from Ezra.

Starship, the little traitor, immediately took a liking to him and went back to his room. Leaving me alone to listen to Sabine's snoring. It had been a long time since I had been in human company willingly. Ever since I left the Ghost Crew, I hadn't sought out any new friends, except for Starship and the grateful citizens, I barely talked to anyone. I shifted in the bunk bed, pulling the pillow over my head to drown out the noise- to drown out the world as I slipped into my inter-dimensional dream land.

***

"R-Rebel, help me." A man rasped, I was in the void again, the dark place where all my nightmares lurked. The Rodian was trapped under a pile of debris, his blue hand reaching out to me. I closed my eyes. Focus on the force, Celeste. I thought, picturing the debris being thrown off the Rodian. The energy rushed through me- I opened my eyes, the trapped Rodian now free. Helping him to his feet, he dusted himself off.

"Are there any others?" I asked, but the Rodian only wheezed, suddenly short of breath.

"What's wrong? What-," the infamous mechanical breathing filled surrounded me as the Rodian was lifted off his feet, clawing at his throat helplessly. My heart pounded against my chest, trying to squeeze out of my rib cage. My own fear screamed at me.

Run!

I bolted away, leaving the choking Rodian behind. Suddenly, two crimson blades ignited in front of me, spinning on it's axis. I skidded to a stop, patting my empty holster. No, no, no. I backpedaled, tripping over a mysterious obstacle, I fell on my back. The attacker pounced on his opportunity, lifting the sabers over his head. I squeezed my eyes shut, bracing for my merciless slaughter.

I waited a few moments, waiting for the hot blade to collide with my flesh. But the blow never came, I burst my eyes open. Relief flooding through me at the sight in front of me. Ezra was standing over me, his green blade struggling with the crimson blades as they were locked in a battle of strength. I watched their battle in awe, the strokes of his saber hard and collected. Much like Kanan's fighting style. Unexpectedly, another blade popped up in the darkness, right behind Ezra.

"Ezra! Look out!" I screamed, Ezra whipped around, but it was too late. His eyes widened in pure terror just before he dropped to the ground.

"NO!" I scrambled over to his dead body, ripping his lightsaber from his hands and igniting it. I had to protect myself so I wouldn't have the same fate as him. My knuckles flared white from my tight grip on the saber, it felt awkward in my grip as I swung it through the air. Then I saw it, the metal melting in my hands and dripping from my fingers. Soon, the weapon was nothing but a pile of goo on the floor. I was defenseless in the midst of cold-hearted Sith. Fear and anger surged through me as the Sith advanced towards me.

***

"Ezra!" I yelled, jerking up out of my bed. My heart was drumming at light speed as my breaths came in rapid gasps. Every bone in my body was trembling, those nightmares always shook me to the core. Reminding me where I came from and what I had done- reminding me of things that I thought were in the past. But my past always seemed to be lurking around the corner, waiting to pop back up just when I was getting over my last outburst.

My nightmares were something I couldn't control, in fact they were always spiraling out of control. I looked over the bed, my long hair hanging upside down as I checked on Sabine's status. Still sleeping. Honestly it's a miracle that she doesn't wake up. I climbed out of bed, stumbling out of the ship, needing to get some fresh air.

To my surprise, the ramp was left open, letting the cold morning air to drift into the ship. I reached for my blaster, the metal feeling secure in my grip, I continued along the ramp.

"You alright?" I jumped, pointing my blaster at the disembodied voice. Ezra put his hands up in a surprised surrender,

"Sorry, sorry!" He said, putting his index finger on the barrel of the blaster he lowered it the gun.

"I'm fine."

"Oh, so the screaming my name was nothing?"

"Nothing at all." I said, kicking a pebble up into the air, using the force I levitated it up in the air. With a flick of my wrist, the small pebble flew into the grassy plains.

"Was it your nightmares again?"

"How did you-,"

"I feel it in your force. You're upset about something."

"You're stronger than last time we met."

"Don't change the subject." He remarked, giving me a glare with his indigo colored irises.

"I'm not." I chuckled, brushing my hair out of my face nervously, he was catching on too quickly. I hated it when people could read the reader.

"Well, you can tell me about it later, since we're both up, we need to start training."

"Training? Training for what?"

"For the end of this fight."

*Dun, dun, DUN! How are you guys liking the dream sequences? Honestly, they're one of my favorite parts to write. Thank you for all the reads and comments! I really appreciate it. See you guys on the next chapter!*